• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AliExpress Hard Bodies

BigGinge

Has anyone here ever bought any of the hard body’s that are available on AliExpress? If so how did they compare to bodies from more reputable brands and/or how did they hold up in use?

I saw these while browsing the AliExpress app the other day and have been tempted as they aren’t really any more expensive than picking up a half decent lexan crawler shell. Certainly a lot less than the Traxxas Bronco shell. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNE7wvS

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

the painting is a pain, but less masking, and you can have almost any colour you like!

those bodies do look nice, but the bonnet looks odd in the second pic - where are the lines for opening it?

What I have found previously with "China" hard bodies is that the only downside was that they felt slightly heavier than some. The external detailing was fine, but the internal/moulding/production they tended to err on the over engineering side of things in terms of thickness etc.

This in itself for most "scalers" or "trailers" is no down side whatsoever. For me however who is always looking at cut and shut "lightweight" hard body options they have not been suitable candidates..

As to the painting, I prefer the lay up over lexan shoot and hope any day and the extra detailing with a hardbody really does blow away lexan period 👍

On 17/01/2022 at 12:46, voorsk said:

I just meant there's no indication of where the bonnet is. no indentation, or something like that

I must say, you are right in this example! The doors and roof line etc are reasonable mind. Perhaps the bonnet line goes down to the chrome strip, can't think how a real bronco hood is aligned right at this moment....

It looks like most of the shut lines are tucked up next to the chrome trim (so wouldn't be visible) but there probably is one line missing that should run across the top of the bonnet near the windscreen. Looks like the decals have got the "space" this should fall into but it doesn't seem to be moulded into the body on this one.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've got what I think is an Injora or Fimondo hardbody for a jeep rubicon here, it's yellow, its got opening doors and full interior.

It doesn't fit with a mid mounted gearbox/transfer setup, so it's useless for my 313 Injora cheapo chassis without a significant amount of chopping it up inside.

I reckon it'd go on one of the cheap Fimondo front motor setups mind.