• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Laws on where you can use RC Cars?

Steve-O2021

Is there any laws about where you can and can't use an RC car in the UK / Scotland?

I usually goto a forest that's managed for logging that has miles of road network through it and never see anyone there (there's a locked gate to keep people from driving into it). There's no signs to say keep out or no signs to say no rc cars lol.

If I do come across people in other areas I go I fetch the car back to me and wait for them to pass.

I was just wondering if I could take the 1/5th Petrol Baja to the forest since no one ever goes there... 

• Like 1

only thing they can really charge you with is  public nuisance offence so as along as you respect others around you should be fine,like you said bring the car in and to a halt if kids around or animals the owners will be grateful for that too.the 1/5thers are harder due to the noise problem even with quieter pipes ( and no one wants a quiet 2 strokers lets me fair lol ) the forest should be fine steve the worst they do is move you on be polite to anyone who moans remember your there to have fun too let them pass them get back on with it 👍

i was lucky with my baja i live next to an old abandoned airfield so the noise wasnt really a problem 

• Like 2

As am rc flyer i have had lots of trouble, my fault for flying in places i should not be doing so, now a club flyer, but i live the fact rc cars can be used in a lot of places and i dont ever get any trouble as said just be respectful to other people/animals

I think the general rules are. If your on land you don't own. Be nice. And if someone says anything about the cars. Be nice and explain to them what it is and why your there. And if asked to move on. Then move to a new spot

Respect other users. So shut car off if asked or if you see an animal coming. Eg a dog or house. Let them pass then start again. 

If someone asks about the car.  Stop and talk to them. Let them know your only there to have fun and enjoy yourself too. 

It can be tricky to find good spots to run large scale petrol cars. As a lot of people don't understand them or want the hassle of having them around. 

I have up with them as had endless issues. Now I just have my x-maxx and not a single issue yet. 

• Like 2

Check for signage, bylaws may be in place due to others causing a nuisance in the past. Be polite and respectful whenever possible. 

However, I've had people give me grief, I treat them by mirroring their behaviour. If they're polite, I'm polite and try to engage in conversation about why their not happy about what I'm doing. After all, I'm running leccy which is fairly quiet and the batteries only last for so long, then I'm off home. If they lead with a rant, they get calmly told to mind their own business. I'll avoid a full on slanging match, haven't the energy and it serves little purpose. But I won't move on just to appease someone who can't be polite. If the only person around is the one that's asking me to leave, then I'm definitely staying put. I won't let my hobby ruin other people's pleasure, but I won't just move on without good reason. 

Leccy definitely draws less attention, so it is easier for me. Anything with an engine is immediately more restricted on where it can be used. 

• Like 3