• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

been fiddling with parts so turns out FTX outlaw front shocks are about identical to Carisma scale sca-1e stockers, so blue ftx shocks fully over hauled and direct fit to front of carisma F-150

carisma ftx.JPG

ftx shocks.JPG

Pitty they are terrible shocks that drop the oil any chance and wobble about no end, did you change the springs another nightmare trying to get diffrent springs that fit.
For the outlaw they just cut it, but for a crawler that relies on good shocks and balance, well i guess time will tell.
I did try them and they were not good, worse than the stock ftx highrock ones that were pretty cheap.
What was wrong with the Carisma ones that made you swap?

• Like 2

On 27/01/2022 at 17:02, Derka said:

How do owners of these rate them?

Looking at the 2.1 spec range rover kit as I'm looking for a new scale crawler. Had several Element RC, SCX10 II's and TRX4 so how do these compare?

I had my Stout over two years now and I love it.
Mind you, it’s the only crawler I’ve ever owned so don’t know how it compares.

Suspect it might be a tad lower spec than your other rigs but for the money, a good choice I reckon. 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Redback said:

Pitty they are terrible shocks that drop the oil any chance and wobble about no end, did you change the springs another nightmare trying to get diffrent springs that fit.
For the outlaw they just cut it, but for a crawler that relies on good shocks and balance, well i guess time will tell.
I did try them and they were not good, worse than the stock ftx highrock ones that were pretty cheap.
What was wrong with the Carisma ones that made you swap?

Nothing wrong with stockers, i was taking shocks of for a strip and overhaul, green slime new oil all that stuff, i had done rear shocks  and just thought "hey lets try these on it", this pair has never leaked, if no good i will service the stockers and refit em

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomr said:

Is anyone running the inner fender set ?  Tempted to order them 

I am. For what they are, I’d say they are a bit over priced BUT,

1, they fit pretty well,

2, they do actually keep the worst of the dirt out,

3, they also (I think) add to the scale look of the car. 

So all in all, I’m very pleased with mine.

• Like 2

On 30/01/2022 at 09:41, Jack Reacher said:

Here is my take on cowboy bob`s long lost bro "Jack", but he will be going in the F-150 in a month or so as i ordered an interior that should fit like a glove, first time i have painted one of these but i have ordered a slightly different tamiya "truck driver" to paint and fit in the Hobao DC1........jack will need a tiny tidy up before he takes delivery of his truck

P1020135.JPG

Bob and Jack will have to go for a drive together some day.

Where is the interior coming from?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

Bob and Jack will have to go for a drive together some day.

Where is the interior coming from?

coming from Aliexpress so will be march when it gets here, its for the  bronco but as we know in real life the F-150 was pickup version of bronco

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

I am. For what they are, I’d say they are a bit over priced BUT,

1, they fit pretty well,

2, they do actually keep the worst of the dirt out,

3, they also (I think) add to the scale look of the car. 

So all in all, I’m very pleased with mine.

Cheers Freddy I’ve ordered a set with 6 cans of jet black 😁

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Thats just begging to have lights fitted :good:

I’ve got a basic 2 white 2 red in me spares box that will go in for now 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

That is a bit of a teaser for the colour but looks good

It’s very similar although a little lighter than the Rangey pic I sent ya 👍🏻

• Like 2

Can anyone suggest a rear rollbar that fits the Coyote?  🤔

I bought a generic one from Amazon, which fitted onto the bed lip with a bit of mild bending, but it's way too tall (and weighs half a ton, so it'll be falling over all the time)

IMG_03022022_103114_(1024_x_768_pixel).thumb.jpg.9a50add6bd44d76500de96c4fe0cb0bf.jpg

It doesn't even fit my SCX C10, so I'm not sure what these things are intended for.  1/8 vehicles?

edit: A Killerbody Horri-bull rollbar turned up today;  the same one that Exe_RC28 has.  It's not a perfect fit, but it's made of plastic, so the bars bend to where I want them to go, and it's shorter!   😀  I have one more rollbar somewhere in the post, but I suspect it's going to be another big metal one

Edited by voorsk
postie visit
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, voorsk said:

Can anyone suggest a rear rollbar that fits the Coyote?  🤔

I bought a generic one from Amazon, which fitted onto the bed lip with a bit of mild bending, but it's way too tall (and weighs half a ton, so it'll be falling over all the time)

IMG_03022022_103114_(1024_x_768_pixel).thumb.jpg.9a50add6bd44d76500de96c4fe0cb0bf.jpg

It doesn't even fit my SCX C10, so I'm not sure what these things are intended for.  1/8 vehicles?

edit: A Killerbody Horri-bull rollbar turned up today;  the same one that Exe_RC28 has.  It's not a perfect fit, but it's made of plastic, so the bars bend to where I want them to go, and it's shorter!   😀  I have one more rollbar somewhere in the post, but I suspect it's going to be another big metal one

how about the Tamiya ones, black from Blackfoot or same size chrome from the midnight pumpkin see my F-150 as i have the midnight pumpkin fitted

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyMB said:

Managed to get my inner fenders on today at work. I think they make the whole chassis look a bit more high end and it's nice to have some sort of splash guard. They fit the Range Rover if you cut to the shortest of the two lengths and you have to cut a little bit out the front if you have lights fitted.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

That looks fantastic! Top job 👍🏻 
Mine arrived today and I’ve got tomorrow off so I can feel a late one coming 😁

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomr said:

Finished for now 👍🏻 I need to tidy the wiring and decide whether or not to tint the front windows .

8C9CC1F6-F824-4DE3-9459-00BD76AD2DC5.jpeg

A96F0DC0-F814-45B1-8C09-F7B5B27E58BC.jpeg

EDBB54DE-6CBD-4940-91BF-FC94A656CAD5.jpeg

5647DAA3-0DB1-43E7-8BA0-F4CDA3B33E8E.jpeg

9928C639-942F-4B17-99C5-26E6A37D25C6.jpeg

08E83930-9A55-460A-A6DE-EACB926C8E53.jpeg

8B38BC38-2DF2-4EC9-BF29-29C177720C2A.jpeg

DDB62E96-8C67-4D71-8D0D-B9222BA3AF61.jpeg

You forgot to add…. and then get it dirty 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2