• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

48 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

How have you still got both mirrors and windscreen wipers?! You must be a much better driver than me 😂

I think I snapped both my mirrors off second time out.

It's my "go gently" body as it has all my custom mods fitted to it, I have another body that I can put on when kids use it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voorsk said:

After my last post, I bought another Coyote shell, thinking I would dump the old one and it's solid windows and dodgy paint.  The plan is to use what's left of my polycarb paint, and add a roll bar and scale knick knackery.

But while I waited for the postie, I had an idea..

IMG_25012022_182338_(1024_x_768_pixel).thumb.jpg.1615a7f62680909351ba727be14edd39.jpg

That's Wilko bright red, btw. Way too orange, but perfect if you're recreating the General Lee!  I'm not - my idea is to use up the black paint from the L90 and turn it into a Mad Max-ish kinda thing.  It'll probably turn out better than the new shell.  😛

Wilco bright red ftw!

2 hours ago, Derka said:

How do owners of these rate them?

Looking at the 2.1 spec range rover kit as I'm looking for a new scale crawler. Had several Element RC, SCX10 II's and TRX4 so how do these compare?

I’ve just started building the 2.1 RR kit it’ll be the weekend before i get it finished, I also own the carisma F150 as well as all the models above.IMO the Carisma is a decent quality rig, mines been great and put up with 2 years  of abuse with little to no problems but I do think they’re a little more on the budget side to the others you’ve owned.

I do think the kit is good value for price, the body looks great and is pre-cut , also has some nice plastic body accessories included.

Not too keen on the 1.5mm hex bolts ive striped one already but managed to back it out and replace it. 

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Derka said:

How do owners of these rate them?

Looking at the 2.1 spec range rover kit as I'm looking for a new scale crawler. Had several Element RC, SCX10 II's and TRX4 so how do these compare?

Carisma are okay, good value, i have the F-150, wanted it for ages and have to say did not gel with it at first but a little setting up of ride height and tweaking shocks i now find it performs very well, so much that my good lady now has a coyote 

• Like 2

Yeah I kinda like the Ranger Rover shell, the main reason I've been looking at it with the 2.1 spec as not many places currently sell just the body and won't be anytime soon due to the Chinese New year celebrations. 

FTX Geo outback looks good also. Or take a step into the Gmade GS02F!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Magnets will look more scale, i am planning to go magnet mount on the F-150 at some point, nice build on chassis

Yeah I think so too mate, I’ll have a dig through the shed see if I have anything to knock a setup with otherwise I’ll have to order some 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomr said:

Yeah I think so too mate, I’ll have a dig through the shed see if I have anything to knock a setup with otherwise I’ll have to order some 

the speed you build chassis at, if i buy a kit gonna get it sent to you for chassis build lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

the speed you build chassis at, if i buy a kit gonna get it sent to you for chassis build lol

The offers there if you want mate 👍 I built the shocks on Wednesday night, did a few more steps last night and just about have the electrics fitted so not too bad. 

• Like 2

If your giving the truck plenty of use (IE driving it where you shouldnt etc 😁 ) the magnets will drive you crackers because I find i ping the shell off sometimes, when normally with posts it would twist and squeeze a little. I think front magnets for battery removal and rear posts under a pick up load is probably where I'm going next.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shergar said:

If your giving the truck plenty of use (IE driving it where you shouldnt etc 😁 ) the magnets will drive you crackers because I find i ping the shell off sometimes, when normally with posts it would twist and squeeze a little. I think front magnets for battery removal and rear posts under a pick up load is probably where I'm going next.

I was actually  thinking pretty much the same thing late last night and decided against magnets 🧲. I had a good rummage through my bits and pieces today and knocked up some Velcro mounts 👍

• Like 3

I have seen velcro mounts before, they do work but the velcro over time can end up a bit clogged with muck and grass and such but they do work and if done right offer a stronger hold than magnets, i like magnets over post an pins as in a tumble the shell pops of rather than a post ripping shell

• Like 2

Yeah I know what you mean with it clogging I have Velcro on my 1/8 buggy body but that runs the full length of the shell ,i wait till it’s dry then use a stiff brush, if it turns out a bit of a 💩 I’ll have to try something else . 
Im on painting the body now 👍

• Like 2