• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

@stretch very nice, is it your own design of from thingyverse, i would do a set for both my carisma`s but dont have a printer

Cheers mate, it's my own design. I'm going to try some different magnets with a slightly higher vertical pull rating as think during a roll over the current ones would detach but there is a fine line between having the body stay on and  it tearing at the post points when you try and pull it off normally. I'm sure I can sort you out a set mate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stretch said:

Cheers mate, it's my own design. I'm going to try some different magnets with a slightly higher vertical pull rating as think during a roll over the current ones would detach but there is a fine line between having the body stay on and  it tearing at the post points when you try and pull it off normally. I'm sure I can sort you out a set mate.

I will ppm you later, you can use more powerful magnets on the shell

• Like 1

My honest opinion, i think cowboy bob is ace, i think bob`s long lost cousin jack is gonna take a seat in my F-150 soon (has to be Jack as truck has his private number plate), i did buy an action figure but he turned out to be a bit of a  Tom (Cruise, as in tiny tom)

I honestly used to think to much scale was tacky, now i think it just adds to the realistic look of the truck, if its a scaler

@Fat Freddy keep it coming mate i enjoy your content, we will have to get together on a scale day out sometime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exe_RC28 said:

Howdy.

Like the background of Bob.

Out ot interest how did you do the clear windows?

Karl

Do you mean the bits where the wipers have cleaned the “mud” off the windscreen?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Exe_RC28 said:

Hi,

No I mean how did you cut out the windows and make them clear, or was it a kit and you just masked the lexan shel?

I think i can answer that one, the original coyote in both kit and RTR had clear shell (kit) and clear windows (rtr) the new 2.1 rtr has silly painted windows, you could pick up a clear shell, mask windows from inside with supplied masking and paint to colour you like, i will be doing this for wifes 2.1......i think this clears this up for you

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, stretch said:

Run out with the Coyote today, steering drag link came came unscrewed at  from the servo arm (luckily had hex driver in the car) and clicky rear diff and only front wheel drive🙄 But the good news is the mag mounts worked perfectly and the interior/figures held together.

PXL_20220122_162122860.jpg

How have you still got both mirrors and windscreen wipers?! You must be a much better driver than me 😂

I think I snapped both my mirrors off second time out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1