• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

40 minutes ago, Exe_RC28 said:

Hi all,

Has anyone cut out the windows and windscreen on their rigs and replaced with clear,  I assume a lexan material?

Never done it and not sure how people go about doing this but think it would look better. 

Karl

Not exactly, although I did try stripping the paint from those areas, as it's clear underneath.

I tried acetone, paint thinner, and isopropanol, but nothing worked. Maybe I had the wrong technique. I didn't try nitro or brake fluid, as it meant spending actual money.

Had a right pain with the new coyote last night, i was taking the carisma 8000 radio out and fitting a Flysky set up, should of been dead easy,

so i fit the flysky RX, no steering, this is odd, try a few things, end up putting carisma back in, no steering, so it turns out there is a servo extension wire that the factory had plugged in wrong way round, signal to negative they had then plugged wrong way into RX, any way sorted it now, working with the flysky but need to move the servo horn a couple of splines as im on full left trim, that can wait as new servo due any day

Yeah really happy with it thanks @Jack Reacher. Have a steep section in the woods near me with lots of roots and with every upgrade it gets a little higher. Eager to get out and test the HH motor with tweaked 1080 settings to see if it reaches the top.

The performance, ease to work on and part availability has made it the perfect trail/crawler for me. 

May get the Range Rover shell and keep it for dry trail days but we'll see.

What are your thoughts of it as you have more experience than me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Exe_RC28 said:

Yeah really happy with it thanks @Jack Reacher. Have a steep section in the woods near me with lots of roots and with every upgrade it gets a little higher. Eager to get out and test the HH motor with tweaked 1080 settings to see if it reaches the top.

The performance, ease to work on and part availability has made it the perfect trail/crawler for me. 

May get the Range Rover shell and keep it for dry trail days but we'll see.

What are your thoughts of it as you have more experience than me. 

I have not had the Coyote out yet, but i did own the Lynx some years back and that was pretty good, though the Coyote should perform better, also i have the F-150 and that does well now its set up decent

• Like 1

I am planning a little run out on Saturday claire with her new coyote, and that will have LED lights on by then as the warm white period looking headlights arrived today, they will look just right having a kinda pale cream colour like old tungsten lights, i will take the F-150

I might end up putting a pair of warm white lights in the front of the F-150, again right for the era

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 2