• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AWM-01 6 Wheel F1

Alex97

i would gone one motor also have the wheels a little closer the reason for closer wheels   if possible one pinion running both spurs  also should make for better handling.

Edited by turok007

37 minutes ago, turok007 said:

i would gone one motor also have the wheels a little closer the reason for closer wheels   if possible one pinion running both spurs  also should make for better handling.

I looked into that however it would have been too tight. Plus getting the correct mesh would have been a nightmare. 

8 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I looked into that however it would have been too tight. Plus getting the correct mesh would have been a nightmare. 

slide the motor up and down onto both spurs should work.  had the same sort of set up on RC boats.  as for wheel gap i said closer as i have done the same sort of thing a few times and if gap is to much the handling suffers  also the front wheels have to fight the rear wheels more.  but cannot say how much until built  and tested.

2 minutes ago, turok007 said:

slide the motor up and down onto both spurs should work.  had the same sort of set up on RC boats.  as for wheel gap i said closer as i have done the same sort of thing a few times and if gap is to much the handling suffers  also the front wheels have to fight the rear wheels more.  but cannot say how much until built  and tested.

Long term plan will be to use 70mm dia wheels, they are slightly bigger this will bring the gap down somewhat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Long term plan will be to use 70mm dia wheels, they are slightly bigger this will bring the gap down somewhat. 

just want to say i have added extra wheels to cars  but not running from the same motor.   back in the day a 3D printer would of been fantastic.  

I am guessing those are solid axles with no diff?

That would make the handling interesting if the wheels got out of synch for any reason.... but I also see what you mean about meshing. If the motor was running a big ewnough pinion, it would make life easier...but trying to slide a motor down ontop 2 fixed gears would be tricky.  Wheel seperation is going to dictate how you make that work

edit: I guess, though, making this with 2 motors on the two axles would allow you to have suspension independantly for both wheels if this has any suspension at all

Edited by Nitroholic

10 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

I am guessing those are solid axles with no diff?

That would make the handling interesting if the wheels got out of synch for any reason.... but I also see what you mean about meshing. If the motor was running a big ewnough pinion, it would make life easier...but trying to slide a motor down ontop 2 fixed gears would be tricky.  Wheel seperation is going to dictate how you make that work

edit: I guess, though, making this with 2 motors on the two axles would allow you to have suspension independantly for both wheels if this has any suspension at all

This isn't for performance so handling shouldn't be a massive issue. This will no doubt spent most of its life on a shelf. 

There will be either one or two shocks at the rear, sort of like a pan car setup. 

Edited by Alex97

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...