• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Granite 3S V3 BLX

ostewart

I couldn't seem to find a specific thread for this model, I've just ordered one and was wondering if anyone else here owns one? 

I'll be running it on 3s, probably going to change the diff oils out to 20k front and 15k rear or as near to that as possible (need to see what I've got in my RC box) - I've ordered a SRT servo for it too.

I'll be planning to keep it mostly stock I think, bash, break, repair, repeat kind of thing. I've done my time of getting trucks and upgrading them, then selling at a loss, I just want something relatively durable and easy to maintain whilst still being fun to drive.

7 hours ago, tomr said:

Looks ace 👍 
Have you ran it yet ? Kinda thinking I’d like one myself 😁

Hopefully taking it out tomorrow morning for its maiden run, batteries charged and ready to go 

• Like 2

First bash today, went well and nothing broke. It handles and jumps really well.

However I was having some power issues, but I completely forgot to calibrate the transmitter when I got it so it might have just been that. The motor kept stalling and the ESC shut it off twice, but for the most part it was running well and with tons of power, so now I've calibrated the transmitter and turned the punch down to 2 I should be ok.

CMC6kbb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've reached out to Modelsport as I don't think my Granite is running right, it is still stalling if you get stuck in long grass or are on an incline, but it didn't cut out when running normally at speed today. I did have to go grab it a few times though due to the lack of power when trying to get moving, so hopefully it gets sorted.

I was just going to bite the bullet and get a Max10 SCT + 3660 3200kv Motor but I feel like it should run fairly well out of the box. As it stands, it has no lower speed control and just goes off like a rocket and isn't very controlable.

On 24/06/2021 at 16:25, ostewart said:

I've reached out to Modelsport as I don't think my Granite is running right, it is still stalling if you get stuck in long grass or are on an incline, but it didn't cut out when running normally at speed today. I did have to go grab it a few times though due to the lack of power when trying to get moving, so hopefully it gets sorted.

I was just going to bite the bullet and get a Max10 SCT + 3660 3200kv Motor but I feel like it should run fairly well out of the box. As it stands, it has no lower speed control and just goes off like a rocket and isn't very controlable.

Not sure if there is anything in the settings on the current esc or TX? I assume you have gone through all that and set the throttle etc?..

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

Not sure if there is anything in the settings on the current esc or TX? I assume you have gone through all that and set the throttle etc?..

I have calibrated and re-bound the TX/RX and ESC - putting the ESC on punch mode 5 seems to have made it a little better but it still isn't anywhere near as controllable as I feel it should be.

The motor/ESC are going back to modelsport for them to test, see what they say. 

I do have a MAX10 SCT / 3200kv combo coming too so I won't have any downtime and also to see how it runs on that vs the stock and see if it is just geared too high out of the box or to see if it is an electrics issue. I'll try it on the stock TX/RX first, but will be dropping in a Spektrum receiver to use with my own gear afterwards if I find the SLT3 system to be sluggish.

2 hours ago, ostewart said:

I have calibrated and re-bound the TX/RX and ESC - putting the ESC on punch mode 5 seems to have made it a little better but it still isn't anywhere near as controllable as I feel it should be.

The motor/ESC are going back to modelsport for them to test, see what they say. 

I do have a MAX10 SCT / 3200kv combo coming too so I won't have any downtime and also to see how it runs on that vs the stock and see if it is just geared too high out of the box or to see if it is an electrics issue. I'll try it on the stock TX/RX first, but will be dropping in a Spektrum receiver to use with my own gear afterwards if I find the SLT3 system to be sluggish.

Sounds like you're on it!.. It really should be able to run faultlessly so you must have issue somewhere. I assume you have not changed the pinion from stock? Obviously a tight mesh can also make issues....

Goodluck

21 hours ago, stimpy said:

Sounds like you're on it!.. It really should be able to run faultlessly so you must have issue somewhere. I assume you have not changed the pinion from stock? Obviously a tight mesh can also make issues....

Goodluck

I checked the mesh out of the box and it was fine 🙂 see how the hobbywing combo works, I had one in my old Axial Yeti and it was a great combo so hoping for good results in this too.

• Like 1

Haven't had a chance to test it outside but just bench testing / living room floor the Hobbywing combo is super smooth (how I remember it) and infinitely better than the stock electrics, which definitely leads me to believe there was an issue with them. Also added one of my favourite servos, an SRT DL5020 with the Arrma servo saver which is a bit weak to be fair.

208956347_4331354606940094_3513280444682632655_n.thumb.jpg.f87670f7eeac8256a444e5b88a13e2d8.jpg

210791742_4331354900273398_3534446786245939301_n.thumb.jpg.b71829565980df1d4386a782ca7f6ff4.jpg

The Granite keeps hovering right near the top of my 'to buy' list, although I haven't got one just yet. Perhaps the next purchase! Although I said that last time and just went a bought a brushless Kyosho Mad Van...

• Haha 1

On 01/07/2021 at 12:51, immortaljellyfish said:

The Granite keeps hovering right near the top of my 'to buy' list, although I haven't got one just yet. Perhaps the next purchase! Although I said that last time and just went a bought a brushless Kyosho Mad Van...

The MAD VANS just look so cool!

On 03/07/2021 at 18:25, stimpy said:

The MAD VANS just look so cool!

I cracked her open today but rain descended, thus scuppering my outing. But she's a beauty to look at!

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 13:46, ostewart said:

I couldn't seem to find a specific thread for this model, I've just ordered one and was wondering if anyone else here owns one? 

I'll be running it on 3s, probably going to change the diff oils out to 20k front and 15k rear or as near to that as possible (need to see what I've got in my RC box) - I've ordered a SRT servo for it too.

I'll be planning to keep it mostly stock I think, bash, break, repair, repeat kind of thing. I've done my time of getting trucks and upgrading them, then selling at a loss, I just want something relatively durable and easy to maintain whilst still being fun to drive.

Lol, so much for buying something to just run! You haven't even broken anything and already upgrading it 😆

I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these. 

I'm curious what batteries you're running? 

I'm still undecided between the Overlander 3s 5000 mAh 35C that Modelsport bundle with it. Or whether to go for one of the Turnigy Nano's from Hobby king. They have 5000 mAh with 45 or 65C, but will require adapters for the plug (not sure im prepared to risk my soldering skills on a brand new lipo, in order to swap the plugs).

What are you running and how do you find it?

14 hours ago, UKRobster said:

Lol, so much for buying something to just run! You haven't even broken anything and already upgrading it 😆

I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these. 

I'm curious what batteries you're running? 

I'm still undecided between the Overlander 3s 5000 mAh 35C that Modelsport bundle with it. Or whether to go for one of the Turnigy Nano's from Hobby king. They have 5000 mAh with 45 or 65C, but will require adapters for the plug (not sure im prepared to risk my soldering skills on a brand new lipo, in order to swap the plugs).

What are you running and how do you find it?

I know... haha!

I use these, seem pretty decent so far in terms of value vs run time: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/absima-power-tank-lipo-11.1v.-60c-6200-hardcase-xt90-plug--1335945

Also I got the stock electrics back, the service centre replaced the front bearing in the motor...

Not tested yet, but it would seem odd if that was the source of all my problems, I guess I need to fit and test it 🙄

Wow those lipos tick all the boxes, don't they!!

Look too good to be true, but a recommendation from someone that's used them makes a lot of difference.

Yeah you definitely should test out the original kit. For one reason, if they have indeed isolated and resolved your issue. Then peace of mind if it's been sorted.

Will post up once I get an order in and with what lipos 😉

• Like 1

My boy got the previous one, it takes a bashing well and keeps going. Once a tyre exploded on 3s, but we were on a very rough terrain, not even suitable for 1/8 let alone a 1/10. Second breakage was a pin in the drive shaft, but i did run his car over a few times with a Outcast 8s exb so might of been my fault ;f

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally ordered mine and gave it a little blast this evening. Made sure I calibrated the ESC with the TX. Everything ran ok.

Ordered it along with the Absima 3s 6200mAh 60C lipo's linked to above. Had to get a converter plug for battery to fit the car. But all works ok.

Bloody surprised how quick it is 😎 love it so far 😂

@ostewart have you tested your original electronics yet?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2021 at 23:02, UKRobster said:

Finally ordered mine and gave it a little blast this evening. Made sure I calibrated the ESC with the TX. Everything ran ok.

Ordered it along with the Absima 3s 6200mAh 60C lipo's linked to above. Had to get a converter plug for battery to fit the car. But all works ok.

Bloody surprised how quick it is 😎 love it so far 😂

@ostewart have you tested your original electronics yet?

Not had any passion for RC recently... might end up selling the Granite 😞 

I haven't tested them yet, but need to if I sell.