• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Difficult builds

Hey all 👋🏻

Looking to build something, electric. 

Now,  I’m after a hard build which will take some time to compete not too worried about costing to a degree as long as it’s worth it. 

Would prefer off road only, so buggy or big monster truck type. 

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

I love the look of the Vanquish trucks, not sure how “difficult” they really are but they’re very beautiful when fully detailed and well worth taking time over, if that counts…?

Looks like a nice bit of kit that. 

37 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Yeah Scratch build is the way to get your brain working/hurting, I’ll get back to mine in the next few month 👍 

CA30-EF5-D-24-CD-4-F35-AB7-E-CED1590-D66

That's uber cool...😍

Those plumbers pipe manifolds are a real 90's throwback for me, I used to love putting them on nitro stuff for rear exit exhaust etc... Much fun. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2021 at 20:49, Stretchy79 said:

Never heard of a scratch build, is this a make it yourself using any kind of parts?

It takes on many forms... In essence it's set apart from custom building... (whereby a hobbyist will mix and match off the shelf upgrade parts with stock ones to create a custom build)... Whereas a scratch builder will make their own parts... Or bodies... Or both... 

The sky's the limit really... Anything from making your own chassis to full on styrene scale body and axles made from raw materials.... 

It's usually something endeavoured by those who have seen and done a lot of what is on offer over the years and found the joy in fabricating... More in depth.....' building' so to speak... Not just assembling... 

Edited by Fly In My Soup

On 03/05/2021 at 20:49, Stretchy79 said:

Never heard of a scratch build, is this a make it yourself using any kind of parts?

The real hardcore builders build everything  nothing is ready made

Have you considered trying boats or planes? They're both considerably easier to scratch build as you don't have the complex transmissions of a ground RC. A boat could even reuse your car electronics. 

• Like 1