• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

High speed chit chat thread and banter

Lone-wolf

Awesome mate really awesome :good:

Yeh its always good idea not to let the Trouble and Strife see what things cost or you could lose some sensitive parts :insane:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@James.S @Luvell RC pink slips drag race against my Hyper 7, James' VSE and whichever nitro big block you're running on Saturday?  😂 

In all seriousness it'll be great to see how the production units stack up against my hack job Hyper 7. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

@James.S @Luvell RC pink slips drag race against my Hyper 7, James' VSE and whichever nitro big block you're running on Saturday?  😂 

In all seriousness it'll be great to see how the production units stack up against my hack job Hyper 7. 

Oh challenge accepted time to see what pinion I can squeeze on will need 4s battery back for min to do it 

• Like 2

Just now, Luvell RC said:

Oh challenge accepted time to see what pinion I can squeeze on will need 4s battery back for min to do it 

Just now, Luvell RC said:

Time to start lightening 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Thanks man, technically we could take the SkyRC out the equation as you've proved your setup and possibly halve the cost of the lipo as it can run in other vehicles. At which point it's a really attractive, low risk and at a cost effective price point to reach 100mph in a car that not only is fast, but looks pretty doing it. 

Thanks for sharing that, once the results of my Hyper 7 are in, I'll reciprocate with costs, I can tell you now it's a lot more and I envisage 80mph range. 

This data really helps people to make informed decisions. Once again, thank you. 

You should get 80+ from your Hyper, on paper my hyper gt should do 73-75 and its not got a fast motor or tall gearing..........well it might if i was keeping it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

You should get 80+ from your Hyper, on paper my hyper gt should do 73-75 and its not got a fast motor or tall gearing..........well it might if i was keeping it

Hey,

Thanks man, I'm being very conservative with figures at the moment as I've not speed ran it once on 6S yet, only speed run I done was on 3S. To be honest geometry isn't perfect on mine as I've eye balled it, so once the mad scientist (@Luvell RC) tears out the piston rings I fried...Errr sets up geometry properly and overlooks any other setup errors I've made...It'll do its first run on 6S 😄 

I've been extremely slow to get to this point, but I'm glad I took my time with it as I've put a fair bit of money and effort into the build. So much so, I've just bought another RC car today to bash with on Saturday as my Hyper 7 sits like a GT now, low to the ground, running non standard shocks etc. I do baby it to an extent, but that's cos I love the thing! 

Edited by Bert_w164

2 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Hey,

Thanks man, I'm being very conservative with figures at the moment as I've not speed ran it once on 6S yet, only speed run I done was on 3S. To be honest geometry isn't perfect on mine as I've eye balled it, so once the mad scientist (@Luvell RC) tears out the piston rings I fried...Errr sets up geometry properly and overlooks any other setup errors I've made...It'll do its first run on 6S 😄 

I've been extremely slow to get to this point, but I'm glad I took my time with it as I've put a fair bit of money and effort into the build. So much so, I've just bought another RC car today to bash with on Saturday as my Hyper 7 sits like a GT now, low to the ground, running non standard shocks etc. 

Do you know what you got on 3s, i had 39mph out of mine but i then set it up to run 6s, just never got to run it

48mph with a Samsung Galaxy watch strapped to its spoiler. That was with a 19T pinion and some cheap tyres that balooned nicely which I suspect gave me a higher top speed. My Mrs' ran hers the other day (video on youtube on 3s, with 16T, 2000kv and the results were lower).

Edited by Bert_w164

9 minutes ago, Redback said:

Well done at 101 @everclear1984  good call on retiring it... it deserves it, you going to speed run any other cars?

Thank @Redback No plans for any others. I keep getting tempted to give the H7 a go but it's my go to basher and would need a lot of work before it's speed run worthy. 

Think I'll just be happy with what I've done with the Strada for now 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redback said:

Speaking about ROSSA
Lets hope the weather is right, this looks perfect! into the wind might slow me down a little, CANT NOT WAIT!!!

image.png.38f94858a55d0a386738e37a047f0398.png

TBH we have access to 2 different runways and can run either way on each of them. Its unlikely that we'll have to drive into the wind.

What we definitely don't want though is a crosswind, hopefully we can avoid that 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Turnipheid said:

It would be great to see the videos of the meet. Sounds like a good time!

I'll try to get some footage and put a video together but can't promise it. I've done it before in the past but don't want to spend all my time faffing with a camera. 😉

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Redback said:

First ROSSA event wrapped up for me, ran one day, weather was cracking, amazing experience that exceeded my already  high expectations.
Amazing people... thats what makes the event so good, bonkers cars and a very safe place to run and have fun, people knowing they crushed their last pb is super energizing just a fantastic atmosphere cant ask for more really, just better weather somedays 🤞

Things I learned from the event.
Get really good radio gear so you have the range.
Don't count on your wall battery charger working on an 600w inverter.
Surge protect your chargers if running off a generator.
Take a decent tent for setting up under account for it being windy and rainy.
A backup gps is handy to make the most out of down time whilst not running the traps.

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Well done to everyone who beat their PB's 👌

• Like 1