• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

Been trying to order a set of Jer RC trailing arms for a while, but given up now and ordered a set of these, you can mount the Axial stiffening plates to them, I dunno why tbh, but I’m going to spray mine black and mount them for a one off look 🤣

E7-CF9-AD4-1-CB9-4-CB1-8757-D8-AC57-DF68

Also I have a plan to beef up the centre shaft slider tubes.... watch this space 👍 

• Like 2

Talking about 2 speed, ive seen lots of people complaining about it being rough and unreliable, but saw this post about how to make the shifting much better of FB 

F9-BA85-EC-C3-D2-445-F-BE7-C-D44623367-B

EC60712-D-BB4-E-4-E51-8902-C7661-AB60167

57-EE40-FA-8-CFD-4-AC3-A19-C-6-CB3-F9-A2

I’ll be building mine this way without the guide rod and with a extra shim 👌 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Parts arrived, I also bought a set of Dhawk aluminium discs/hex’s, ive seen a lot people having issues with the stock pot metal hex’s cracking 

1-E1542-BF-18-DE-4-F6-F-9-EB0-BE18-F7221

How are the Dhawk parts? 7075 or something else. 

I'm very much torn by the Ryft. I love the look of it, I think it will be good in loads of places near me (woodland, fields etc) but every review I've seen talk about it breaking all the time, and this thread does nothing to quash those fears. With the kit coming out next month, does it address the issues that everybody has had with the truck so far? 

Also, with the kit, it looks like a very big 1/10th truck, and I'm not sure if this motor will be enough for it: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-waterproof-1-10-brushless-power-system-3000kv-80a.html

Don’t drive like a basher and it will be just fine, ive seen too many stupid vids of big jumps and 50mph rollovers that trash everything 

Electrics wise you ideally want a 550 sized motor and I wouldn’t go any higher than 2700kv if you want to run 3s, 

• Like 2

Thanks. With regards to the motor, is there a way to tell if it's 540 or 550, it doesn't seem to be clear as to what determines it. 

Sorry for the daft question, but I'm struggling to price up the kit with electronics as I don't really know what motors are 550...