• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VSE

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Hypers i believe were quite a competetive buggy back in the day maybe not quite so nowadays but they are pretty sold cars :good:

Yeah - I doubt it will be right up there with the big racing boys .....  I thought this was going to be a pure bashing car as it was so cheap .....  a little surprised when it came with lots of adjustable settings which are normally on race buggies .....

• Like 1

between my son and i we have a few Hypers i have hyper 7 TQ sport , Hyper ST, Hyper mini ST and share a Hyper TT with son He has the Hyper 7 black edition a ll nitro lol but damm solid cars and in hard bashing hardly broke anything on them :cheers:

ps we do have other brands of cars as well 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

between my son and i we have a few Hypers i have hyper 7 TQ sport , Hyper ST, Hyper mini ST and share a Hyper TT with son He has the Hyper 7 black edition a ll nitro lol but damm solid cars and in hard bashing hardly broke anything on them :cheers:

ps we do have other brands of cars as well 

Ahhh a true Hobao fanboy I see! I’ve looked at the other Hobao cars since getting mine and they do all look like nice bits of kit .....  one thing I noted is that the chassis is quite open and probably prone to dirt collecting inside ? But I suppose all basher buggies have this issue anyway and you coils always get those net bag cover things 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, locky said:

I have a few STs, 7s and VSs, some nitro some brushless. For 'normal' bashing they are good value.  Not much different to the latest trendy brands, just a smaller marketing budget with fewer models.  

Yeah, as with anything it’s how far do you want to go with it ...... it certainly is a bit of a hidden gem of a car 

18 minutes ago, KenGor Racing said:

Ahhh a true Hobao fanboy I see! I’ve looked at the other Hobao cars since getting mine and they do all look like nice bits of kit .....  one thing I noted is that the chassis is quite open and probably prone to dirt collecting inside ? But I suppose all basher buggies have this issue anyway and you coils always get those net bag cover things 

I wouldnt say i was a fan boy lol but i do recognise a good bashing car/truck when i get 1 :good:

I also have/or had a few HPI trucks still have the Trophy 4.6 truggy but thats nowhere near as robust as the Hyper ST and ST was cheaper by a fair bit but that was almost 10years ago lol dont get me wrong i think of HPI as the thorough bred but the ST as the not quite the carthorse but omg its tough my fav nitro truck :good:

the only other buggy we had that was as solid and dare i say it more race spec was the ishima rave nitro, i really love the hobaos as you can guess stormbringer my dad also does

edit : heres my ishima and hyper 7 black side by side

prjUjQG.jpg

425ek2q.jpg

RCMp8rE.jpg

the ishima is race spec compared to the hyper but very solid and unbreakable like the hyper, just take a look at the geometry of the shocks on the ishima compared to the hyper, the hyper has its slicks on and the ishima has nandas.

Edited by Yrkoon

17 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I wouldnt say i was a fan boy lol but i do recognise a good bashing car/truck when i get 1 :good:

I also have/or had a few HPI trucks still have the Trophy 4.6 truggy but thats nowhere near as robust as the Hyper ST and ST was cheaper by a fair bit but that was almost 10years ago lol dont get me wrong i think of HPI as the thorough bred but the ST as the not quite the carthorse but omg its tough my fav nitro truck :good:

Yeah I do remember when HPI were the go to for bashing cars, from buggies and trucks all the way to touring cars ....... I had a few of their touring cars which weren’t bad ...... never had an off road HPI though 

16 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

the only other buggy we had that was as solid and dare i say it more race spec was the ishima rave nitro, i really love the hobaos as you can guess stormbringer my dad also does

edit : heres my ishima and hyper 7 black side by side

prjUjQG.jpg

425ek2q.jpg

RCMp8rE.jpg

the ishima is race spec compared to the hyper but very solid and unbreakable like the hyper, just take a look at the geometry of the shocks on the ishima compared to the hyper, the hyper has its slicks on and the ishima has nandas.

Wow! Love the profile of the ishima..... those laydown shocks look awesome! How does it perform? As generally laydown shocks are better for “flatter” and less bumpy tracks ..... at least that’s what the 1:10 laydown buggies are best for ...... and yeah the ishima looks pretty solid too