• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which rc to buy next?

iForest

16 minutes ago, supersavage said:

I have a Nirtro XB8 and I'll be honest if you don't plan on racing the XB8e I think it will be wasted bashing plus Xray will update their cars constantly so spares might become harder to get faster than something like an Arrma. The Xray will be far superior in quality but you will literally pay for it.

Are you racing your Xray? 

5 minutes ago, supersavage said:

I should say the Xray would be probably be perfectly fine to use as a basher its just a really expensive kit to just bash if that makes sense.

Yeah I get that. I would like to try eventually racing 1/8 but local-ish to me the closest is 1/10 2wd.

If racing is on your radar I would go to your local track when possible and spend some time talking to the guys there if possible as you'll likely get a good amount of info and what direction to go in from them.  Though I think racing is in a bit of a funny position at the moment due to everything that's going on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

I have a Nirtro XB8 and I'll be honest if you don't plan on racing the XB8e I think it will be wasted bashing plus Xray will update their cars constantly so spares might become harder to get faster than something like an Arrma. The Xray will be far superior in quality but you will literally pay for it.

Do you think with the parts that are available with the Typhon 6s, there are quite a few upgrades, it could get near the quality of the Xray - I appreciate they have different design purposes.

Short answer no. Though if you wanted a basher that would be able to let you try racing the Typhon would be an ok option, it won't be overly competitive but would be more than good enough to give an idea to weather you wanted to stick with racing and get a racing kit from there. Though 1/8th racing rules mean you can only use a 4s or 2x 2s hardcase batteries other than that all you would need is a set of suitable tires for the track, maybe some tools and possibly a transponder and you should be set. I think most tracks will have track days for practice providing you have a BRCA membership so you'll be able to drive the track before jumping straight into any race days. 

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, supersavage said:

As you sound unsure if I were you I'd consider saving up for a bit until nearer the end of Lockdown and wait and see if any new cars are released as I do think there could be some interesting stuff coming out. 

Not sure I can wait that long, I usually change things over with a degree of frequency anyway, and I'm sure I'll keep a couple...

Edited by iForest
  • Like 1

Yeah so I think it’s final,  basically I think I’m after

Typhon 6s

Infraction

Limitless

Kraton EXB

Kraton 8s

a bunch of 1/8 racing buggies

and a whole load more!!!

I need them in my life! Hahahahahahahahaha

😂 😂 😂 😂 

Let’s see which one actually makes it first....?! 😆 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, iForest said:

Typhon 6s

Infraction

Limitless

Kraton EXB

Kraton 8s

and a whole load more!!!

😂😂😂😂 

My guess.....Typnon 6s

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iForest said:

Typhon 6s

Infraction

Limitless

Kraton EXB

Kraton 8s

and a whole load more!!!

😂😂😂😂 

You'll probably end up with all of them at some point 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched an interview today with Arrma’s founder, from last month.  @supersavagesaid hold off as there might be some new releases in the near future. Watching that video makes me think there will be some great products and refreshes this year from Arrma,  which means while I’m waiting I’ll probably buy something(s) preowned until  I see the new cars.  

Does anyone know when they will start releasing their new products?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Have you thought about doing the wltoys 124018/9 brushless for time being, under £100 for the car and just put in a decent 2s brushless set up to get 70-80+ mph while you wait for a decent car

I tried the 144001...

might go for  used Kraton EXB

• Like 1

What about something like a traxxas slash or a Arrma Senton OR!!! maybe even a E revo 2.0 (that's my next purchase) Whatever you choose, if you've not chosen already, will be an epic choice because you know you'll enjoy it either way. Also look on applianceelectronics.co.uk for decent prices

• Like 1

I’m keeping an eye out for various models still, I cannot believe the prices of some of the used stuff. Where I come from second hand is second hand whether you bought it yesterday or last year, minor exaggeration but the point is there. I don’t know how you can buy a roller put electrics in it, use it, then try to sell it for the total retail price. LOL 😂 You’re having a laugh! Hahahaha.

Sorry had to get that out there. Yes yes I know I don’t have to buy it. I put in what I think it’s worth, and then probably so do some others, and then they probably finally take a low offer , might get lucky one time!

Edited by iForest
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, iForest said:

I’m keeping an eye out for various models still, I cannot believe the prices of some of the used stuff. Where I come from second hand is second hand whether you bought it yesterday or last year, minor exaggeration but the point is there. I don’t know how you can buy a roller put electrics in it, use it, then try to sell it for the total retail price. LOL 😂 You’re having a laugh! Hahahaha.

Sorry had to get that out there. Yes yes I know I don’t have to buy it. I put in what I think it’s worth, and then probably so do some others, and then they probably finally take a low offer , might get lucky one time!

In all fairness I do find MOST RC stuff does hold its value relatively well, other than upgrades. Kinda makes it easier for me to justify buying stuff,  as you dont lose massive amounts if you sell up. Ive had other hobbies with little to no resale value, which hurts when investing huge sums.

I brought a £200 Mini T today. No idea how ill get on with it, but If its not for me, ill look after it, sell it on a take a small hit, but nothing too catastrophic 

5 hours ago, Guns said:

In all fairness I do find MOST RC stuff does hold its value relatively well, other than upgrades. Kinda makes it easier for me to justify buying stuff,  as you dont lose massive amounts if you sell up. Ive had other hobbies with little to no resale value, which hurts when investing huge sums.

I brought a £200 Mini T today. No idea how ill get on with it, but If its not for me, ill look after it, sell it on a take a small hit, but nothing too catastrophic 

This?  : https://www.applianceelectronics.co.uk/viewproduct/15643/mini-t-20-rtr-redwhite-118-2wd-c-los01015t1