• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick Strada`s budget speed runs for all

Lone-wolf

8 minutes ago, Redback said:

haha your so keen to get that no1 spot hey, im ready to go again could have gone today but wasnt the right time and didnt have time to play, patience is half the battle.

I just want to break 80mph for now, even if it's exactly 80! Then I can start gunning for 90mph 😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

just watched most of it, will come back to last part later as i have to pop out, still cant believe how the old strada has done

Cheers buddy. She's come a long way! Looking forward to seeing your first run with the FTX tomorrow 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Shiny new lipos! Can't wait to run it tomorrow morning!!

IMG_20210327_215428_801

IMG_20210327_215354_407

IMG_20210327_215222_726

Those look the business 👍 they make the chassis look faster 😁Perfect colour scheme to go with the body as well.

Good luck tomorrow mate I’m looking forward to seeing what you get.

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Redback said:

Woah turning it up to 11 😄 whats she weight in at... come on 100! Why the move to rubber out of intrest, didnt like the dust from the foams? 

Needed new tyres and fancied giving them go. Cheap enough to go back to foam if they don't work out 👍 I'm sure on weight, but it's no lightweight that's for sure! Haha

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I'm sure on weight, but it's no lightweight that's for sure! Haha

Weight doesn't really matter all that much with speed runs and can actually help a fair bit. 😉 Good luck tomorrow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Could of been a lot worse, hope you get it back running soon

I had it out today. I didn't realise at the time but it stripped the spur too so back on slower gearing for now. Tbh it was a blessing in disguise, it promoted me to sort a few little bits out that needed tweaking and now it's running better than ever! 80mph will be mine soon enough 🙂

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Redback said:

Well done sir! Im comin for ya, i want that 1st place 😜

I'm looking forward to the challenge. It surprised me how easily it got up to speed after the issues I've had previously, could be famous last words but I don't think 90mph will give me too much trouble 😉

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I'm looking forward to the challenge. It surprised me how easily it got up to speed after the issues I've had previously, could be famous last words but I don't think 90mph will give me too much trouble 😉

You'd be surprised how difficult it can be sometimes getting just a few extra mph so it very well could be famous last words. 😆  

Congratulations on the 84mph PB. Well done. :topbanana:

• Like 1