• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Year Sale @ Modelsport

Tony

Tbh I don't find MS to be cheaper on many products these days because most other sites/shops have discount codes which are readily available.

I still order from there for certain items, but even things like paints can be had cheaper, I'd never request a price match personally, waiting 2-3 days (at a guess) chasing a shop to match a price of somewhere else you can just place the order from straight away never made any sense in my head.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Tbh I don't find MS to be cheaper on many products these days because most other sites/shops have discount codes which are readily available.

I still order from there for certain items, but even things like paints can be had cheaper, I'd never request a price match personally, waiting 2-3 days (at a guess) chasing a shop to match a price of somewhere else you can just place the order from straight away never made any sense in my head.

well said, but sometimes you want to buy from your preferred shop so then worth asking, i did that a while back and with the shop i am loyal to and within a couple of hours got a positive reply and placed order

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

well said, but sometimes you want to buy from your preferred shop so then worth asking, i did that a while back and with the shop i am loyal to and within a couple of hours got a positive reply and placed order

That's the best bit about finding a few shops you know and trust, get to know the owners a bit if possible and build a rapport.

I've got 4 or 5 I know I can always rely on for good customer service and reliable stock status'... I don't really have a reason to wait for them to get back to me just to match the price of somewhere else I trust... Especially since I had a rather unpleasant experience when I visited MS some time ago, but won't go into that here.

• Thanks 1