• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Lasernut issues

Lox09

I have had my lasrernut for a couple of weeks, only light use on 4s on the stock (out of the box setup). Over the weekend the left dog bone sheared at the neck of the ball on the left side and the right side is scored in the same place. 

Looking on other forums this seems to be an issue with this vehicle. So can anyone recommend some alternative front driveshafts for this vehicle? 

Thanks! 

Matt

Any update on this issue [mention=45796]Lox09[/mention]?, interested if Losi have acknowledged the issue, seen a few posts about it elsewhere  

Spoke to LogicRC (Losi UK Distributor) this afternoon and explained the issue. Guy said that they have been contacted by a couple of other people with the same issue. He said that they think it is an issue with a batch of driveshafts being over hardened and they have just received the replacement parts. I sent him images etc and so I am hoping they will send me replacements.

Looking a RC forums in the US and UK it seems to be a common issue along with stripped diffs. I hope I don’t have that problem as well when I get up and running again!

I will keep people posted on my dealings with Logic RC and Lasernut progress..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

It's very possible SCTE 2.0 or 3.0 shafts will work. May be worth comparing product numbers. There may even be a TLR equivalent to whatever the LOSA number is too. Thats generally how Losi/TLR have worked in the past.

Ok an update.. I managed to get some spare shafts off ebay (still waiting for LogicRC to confirm what they will do) and fitted them. Car ran like a dream today in the dunes. Like you I love this car it drives amazingly and is tough as hell! I have put loctite on the wheel nuts after watching a few youtube clips and my wheels have stayed on so far.. diffs have been good too so far! Let’s hope it continues to run well and LogicRC agree to replace the faulty parts..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since I got the new driveshafts there have been no  issues with the driveshafts.. But now  getting a grinding noise when the car slows down from high speed. So took diffs apart.. so far both middle and rear diff were fairly empty of fluid. So refilled those. Rear diff case was full of fillings and grease. Looks like the rear pinion has been chewing up the ring gear a bit (see image). I have cleaned it up and I am am rebuilding it. I hope that will fix it, as it looks like spares will not be available for a while! I still got to check front diff and rebuild I will update later! 

27E43AB6-006A-442B-AF35-626D0B904909.jpeg

554EC244-0787-4CD5-BEBA-65BDAE2C31F2.jpeg

Derka, Thanks for the response. Yep I think you are right, but I cannot find an aluminium version of this anywhere. 

In terms of recommending this car, I do love it when it works as it is amazing, but I would hold off until the bugs are ironed out. 

Ok has promised here is a further update. Ok finished cleaning and refillingall three diffs with 100K in centre and 10k front and back. Seemed fine and smooth on stand without wheels. But when I got the wheels back and out for a test run,  still get the grinding when the car slows down from the rear transmission box, basically the ring clear is being chewed or has been chewed too much  by the pinion. Also after testing noticed the hub is stripped (despite locktight). So one new issue (chewed ring gear) and two known issues (drive shafts and hub stripping) experienced on a car that has been used 5 times on 50% power. To say I am not happy is a major understatement! 😪 

I will call LogicRC tomorrow and see what they say! 

That is a real shame, the car looks fantastic, and I have kept putting one into my basket online to buy, but this is really putting me off, I love tinkering and upgrading but it doesn’t seem right to have to fit new driveshafts etc from the start, hopefully they sort you out, there does seem to be a lot of talk on various forums/YouTube/Instagram, so I’m sure they are well aware, hopefully they will send you out some upgrade TLR parts maybe.