• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Strada MT/XT/SC etc owners

the Strada is a great buggy and incredibly cheap to fix when stuff goes wrong as the HSP parts fit (It's actually an improved HSP car) stick a hobbywing max10 brushless combo in it and it goes really well. There's also plenty of metal upgrade parts available if that floats your boat.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I'm looking for some decent camber/ toe/ steering links or rod ends for the stock parts turnbuckles, for my XT. I've had some success removing slop from the stub axles at each wheel, and now want to do the same with the suspension and steering links. There's clearly a plethora of available parts, some very fancy looking but, as I learnt with the alloy uprights I bought, I'm sure most will be worse than the stock parts for play.

Any advice welcome.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Got my second Strada today. An XT this time (brushless), and funnily enough I bought it from the guy above!

Thanks again @youngsyp (Paul) , she's a great little car 👍 Can't wait to take it out for a proper bash at some of my local spots once we start getting some warmer weather!

1435507494_maverickstradaxt1.thumb.jpg.4d35d276d6499dd47b009db5f751232c.jpg

1483740903_maverickstradaxt2.thumb.jpg.18221f5d966789909818330a2c62e7d9.jpg

1221658187_maverickstradaxt3.thumb.jpg.240e1fbdc798c2548303a9c72f3cd9d5.jpg

901828016_maverickstradaxt4.thumb.jpg.aaddaea9a5c6c7e4811ee72624ec0e6d.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Make sure you change esc setting to lipo tho 

If its the brushless one then esc is already set for lipo.I searched for ages about how to change it as it comes with a nimh but it's already set up👍

4 hours ago, Yorkshireman said:

If you've still got the plastic wheel hex's fitted, just make sure that your wheel nuts aren't too tight as it can cause some binding, putting extra load on the motor.

Yes the rear plastic hexes are to wide so you can't do the wheels up tight without binding.The metal hexes sort that but I still run the plastic ones on the front as the metal ones arnt deep enough so there's way to much play.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, pretty new to the RC business! Planning to buy a Maverick Strada MT (brushed for now, potential brushless conversion later). But seeing as the local shops also offer the Quantum MT for roughly the same price, wanted to ask - is Quantum a newer and younger sibling of Strada? And/or are there any downsides to the Quantum vs. the Strada?

Below links to a local shop (just as a reference of what I am talking about):

https://www.himoto.cz/monster-truck-2/maverick-strada-mt-1-10-rtr-electric-monster-truck/

https://www.himoto.cz/monster-truck-2/quantum-mt-1-10-4wd-monster-truck-rtr-modry/

Hiya mate. Not had the Quantum myself but I think it's completely different from the  Strada. There's been reports of brittle A arm's but that may have been sorted now.

I've had a Strada for a long number of years...started as brushed but gone brushless  & added aluminium upgrades along the way...lots of upgrades available. All in all I think the Strada is a good truck for  the money. Maybe take a look on YouTube for reviews of the Quantum....but, at the end of the day ....it's your choice, buy  whatever is in your heart & enjoy it :good:

• 2 months later...

Strada MT Brushed is now at home and doing very well! I already bashed with her a little (we have a big dirt BMX track in our village) and had to do some maintenance as a little stone got stuck somewhere in the drivetrain, so the wheels could not turn properly.

I also already managed to crack the chassis, which is pretty thin - will glue it up and reinforce it from the inside, but am on the lookout for a spare one (even from a different car/source, than the original Maverick one).

And lastly, I am collecting the required tools (I have some Allen wrenches, but I want dedicated Allen screwdrivers for easier handling) and spare parts (i.e. screws and e-clips, one of them already disappeared, the one on the front lower arm outer pin).

The attached image does not show the additional NiMH Nosram battery (4600 mAh), which is on the way here, just the 4000 mAh that I ordered initially (sitting in the battery tray) and a Raytronic C10 mini (60W) smart charger is also not shown.

Strada2_male.jpg

Edited by Joe Kundlak
  • Like 3

Guys, a question - somehow the reverse is not working as I would expect ... At least I don't remember it being like that in the beginning. The forward throttle works well even with the corresponding "kick" (given that it is a brushed motor with NiMH), but the brake + reverse are kind of lazy. When underway and I start braking it feels as if I didn't even do it (or the braking effect is very minimal). Then the reverse itself is also kind of lazy.

The throttle trim (CH2) is set to the neutral position (2 beeps), for the EPAs I have both HI and LO dials set at full speed.

• 4 months later...

Hot on the heels of my Scout purchase, I found a well priced mk2 (?) strada mt fairly local to me. 

Converted to brushless and upgraded esc, though I'm yet to discern to what for both. A few teething troubles (motor gear cog span loose after 30 mins and I can't get the steering to reverse polarity) it looks like this might be staying. Previous owner can't remember what he upgraded to as it was his son's and he did the work.

It came with a spare 4200mah nimh, so after a few cycles on the charger I'm not far off the original capacity for that and the original battery. I've got a decent lipo I could use but until I figure out which esc it is I'm not about to risk it. 

Body shell has seen *much* better days, so when funds allow I may either go for a blank one or something completely different.