• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

1 hour ago, Jumper said:

mega. i look forward to it. I thought about selling my hyper st for a kraton EXB, but from the first reviews i've seen its not for me. Maybe this will be. 

Yeah,  the Hyper ST is great,  but that wing mount on the  V2 Kronos 6s,  with that beefyness and the extra brace to the shock tower makes the equivient on the ST look like those things you used to make in school with glue and toothpicks...   With a nice flexible wing should hold up well

• Like 1

Just now, GorillaZilla said:

Yeah,  the Hyper ST is great,  but that wing mount on the  V2 Kronos 6s,  with that beefyness and the extra brace to the shock tower makes the equivient on the ST look like those things you used to make in school with glue and toothpicks...   With a nice flexible wing should hold up well

yeah, i go through loads of wing mounts on the hyper ST gets pretty annoying. 

9 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve seen no mention of different wheels or bodies, When the newer one is released its not going to branded as v2, all the new  ones will just be updated with all the v2 parts, I wouldn’t be surprised if the price increases, so I dunno what will be cheaper a old one plus the upgrade kit or wait for new stock.....

I looked at that secondhand one on MS and tbh I would rather spend the extra £50 for a new one and being secondhand I don’t know if you would be eligible for the discounted v2 service packs 

yeah i had a look at teh secondhand one lastnight too and i thought the same as you, for an extra 50 pound i would go for new too.

damn you AJ!  i really want one now! :D 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Corally have been bogged down by the v2 campaign and have taken a few days to ship, so as a sorry they have chucked in a free Pit Mat worth €15 

Thats nice, i was really torn between buying a Kraton 6s and the Shogun 6s, i went for the Kraton due to it being more popular but its still tempting to buy at the price its listed at on MS few mates want a truck and told them to look at theShogun

• Like 1

It’s hard to say really, if i had to choose between the 2 as a new purchase then I would definitely go for the Kronos. I look at the Kronos as the most advanced Truggy based basher RC available at the moment, just look at the bracing etc, it does have a couple quirks tho... The battery tray size is pretty limited and it runs buggy ratio diffs, so it can be hard to gear properly with big tyres and 6s, out of the box it’s really a 4s Truck 👍 

Everything I have seen and read suggests that it is ideally suited for 4s, which would be my battery of choice anyway.

I have also seen the Shogun which looks similar to the Kronos. I am not entirely sure what the differences are though, beyond the wheels, body and wing.

My main thing with the Hyper ST is the availability of spares. It seems to be predominantly ebay breakers or overseas suppliers.

Have you found parts supply good on the Kronos?

1 minute ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Everything I have seen and read suggests that it is ideally suited for 4s, which would be my battery of choice anyway.

I have also seen the Shogun which looks similar to the Kronos. I am not entirely sure what the differences are though, beyond the wheels, body and wing.

My main thing with the Hyper ST is the availability of spares. It seems to be predominantly ebay breakers or overseas suppliers.

The Shogun has like you say different wheels and body, the wing is the same and it’s also narrower, the Kronos runs wider hubs and uprights 

Spares wise the bigger shops have most bits between them, you can also order direct from CML, plus Corally have a shop in Belgium you can order from and get all the latest parts in only a couple days, the shipping is €10, they use DPD though 👍 

10 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

they are loads of hyper st parts? i have never not been able to get parts for mine, many of them are shared with the hyper 7 and hyper 8 as well. 

Let’s try and stay on topic 

Anyway, I ordered new servo, because I wanted to use the 35kg Bluebird for a another project, but it turned up faulty and is being returned for a replacement, I did notice that I have bent the servo arm, so I’ve had to use the stock red arm 👍

73-A0-BFD6-A075-44-DA-A575-1-FC87-A23-C9

127-B88-CB-8-DEE-4093-A0-A8-EA9608-C8-B2

0-DDFBCEF-8-B8-D-44-BC-9-B4-F-C37-B9-A7-

CB51-B0-B0-E026-4579-899-F-171193925-D17