• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Coronavirus

Nick

I take your point. Unfortunately for us it doesnt work out well.

My wife has been self employed for 2.5 years. First year start up costs were high and profits were low. Year 2 a little better, year 3 ok, year 4 (2019/2020) was great. Because the government ignore the tax year just gone theyll only take the 2.5 years before that and average it out. We get 30% of what we would have been taking each month before we got closed down by the government.

If she was PAYE she would be getting 80% regardless of whether shes been working 3 years or 3 weeks.

:lol: Some of these conspiracy theorists are so ridiculous, I enjoyed the bit where he just boasted how he could read and write before school and had to be taken to a private interrogation room so they could find out if he cheated an IQ test. :lol:

I just looked at the comments and clicked on a few other theorists links, some great ones, apparently it's a way to cover up an incoming asteroid, another is to form a global police state. Sigh, must drive the healthworkers nuts!

Well, I've been officially put on furlough leave today for the next 3 weeks. After that it will be reviewed and decided iff I should have another 3 weeks off. 

My job is a storeman at an Edmundson Electrical branch. 5 are on leave from today, leaving 3 remaining staff in house.

Just can't get my head round all this at the moment :unsure:

20 hours ago, Nick said:

:lol: Some of these conspiracy theorists are so ridiculous, I enjoyed the bit where he just boasted how he could read and write before school and had to be taken to a private interrogation room so they could find out if he cheated an IQ test. :lol:

I just looked at the comments and clicked on a few other theorists links, some great ones, apparently it's a way to cover up an incoming asteroid, another is to form a global police state. Sigh, must drive the healthworkers nuts!

You gotta watch out though at legislation that is getting pushed through during this. The COVID19 response legislation is scary. Effectively under it you can die in state care, be disposed of with no autopsy, coroner's report and no inquest regardless of how and where you died. There's nothing your family can do and no possible chance of investigation into any wrong doing  Labour managed to get it reviewed every 6 months but that's truly scary legislation thats going through with very little public scrutiny. I suggest everyone reads it then contacts their MP.

You gotta watch out though at legislation that is getting pushed through during this. The COVID19 response legislation is scary. Effectively under it you can die in state care, be disposed of with no autopsy, coroner's report and no inquest regardless of how and where you died. There's nothing your family can do and no possible chance of investigation into any wrong doing  Labour managed to get it reviewed every 6 months but that's truly scary legislation thats going through with very little public scrutiny. I suggest everyone reads it then contacts their MP.
http://chng.it/DrcjJK4khY

Read it and sign before it's too late!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tomzac66 said:

It’s getting serious, the wife’s running out of wool, I think she may starting talking to me emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will never happen in our house. She has a whole room for storing it in and the over spill is in the loft. 

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 17:48, Kukynas said:

I’ve heard Bovis and his team in hospital, seems like someone underestimated potential risk of health injury at the beginning?

Hope he get well soon we need him now and his team for brexit after i thought too going back when all the world leaders met up shaking hands it would spread between them fast :(

I noticed too at our local track that parks locked gates and signed up saying to stay away they even removed parts of the kids swings to put parents off yeah i bored to death of not bashing but my life and my family and friends lives are more important that an hobby :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

Hope he get well soon we need him now and his team for brexit after i thought too going back when all the world leaders met up shaking hands it would spread between them fast :(

I noticed too at our local track that parks locked gates and signed up saying to stay away they even removed parts of the kids swings to put parents off yeah i bored to death of not bashing but my life and my family and friends lives are more important that an hobby :)

yep, hopefully he and his team will get well soon

Edited by Kukynas
spellcheck
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2020 at 17:48, Kukynas said:

I’ve heard Bovis and his team in hospital, seems like someone underestimated potential risk of health injury at the beginning?

Yeah, he said he shakes hands with everyone, so ignored his own advice and put his and other lives at risk. I wish him well but the guy is an incompetent idiot and his inaction and bluster in January, February and March is leading to nearly 1000 a day dead from this.  Welcome to the herd Boris.

• Like 2

Think this nothing but work and bed is getting to me. Attended a breakdown today, guy started giving me some grief over how long it was taking to repair as he Needed his cigarettes that were on the truck. I'm afraid I lost my cool. Managed to walk away before I regretted my actions. When will people realise its not just the NHS that's under pressure, we are over 50% of our staff down and pushing record breaking volumes of stock out the door to shops. We are all on salary so no overtime or extra pay. We are living at work to protect our families. I really feel like chucking myself into isolation for 14 days and walking away from it all. Rant over, time to have something to eat and push on. 

On 05/04/2020 at 20:04, tomzac66 said:

It’s getting serious, the wife’s running out of wool, I think she may starting talking to me emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.png

This was a good one. I laughed my ass off while reading it. On the other hand, I have a whole lot of problems right now. These days a good laughter is rare. I don't know how about you, but I've lost my job because of quarantine and I don't know what to do. It brings me down. Soon all of my savings will drain. One of my friends told me that I can earn some money by gamling. Even sent me an atricle on the professionalrakeback.com site about it. I don't know... maybe I will do it. There is nothing else to do anyway.

Edited by John Doe

This was a good one. I laughed my ass off while reading it. On the other hand, I have a whole lot of problems right now. These days a good laughter is rare. I don't know how about you, but I've lost my job because of quarantine and I don't know what to do. It brings me down. Soon all of my savings will drain.

Sometimes all we have left is a little humour to help us all through, glad it made you laugh.

• 5 weeks later...