• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

I looked for spares when I bought mine and couldn't find any.  To be honest I havn't broken anything yet and it's had it's fair share of jumps and crashes.  I guess if you pile it into a tree and catch a wheel something is going to break but so far so good.

On 10/10/2020 at 20:57, i4nsmith said:

Did anyone find any stock of the alternative helion suspension arms, ordered my truck yesterday and was looking to buy some spares for when the inevitable happens? 

I ordered two sets of arms direct from associated, it was $28 delivery from California but it arrived in 4 days so pretty good really! Went for a 2 hour bash with the new arms today and so far so good! I've emailed RPM and they are looking to make aluminium versions in the next few months.

16 hours ago, Sparky75 said:

I ordered two sets of arms direct from associated, it was $28 delivery from California but it arrived in 4 days so pretty good really! Went for a 2 hour bash with the new arms today and so far so good! I've emailed RPM and they are looking to make aluminium versions in the next few months.

Are you UK if so what we're shipping costs like, they seem to be the only place with any stock?

1 hour ago, i4nsmith said:

Are you UK if so what we're shipping costs like, they seem to be the only place with any stock?

Yes I am, it was $28 (just over £21) so not cheap but they seem to be the only place with any stock and as I said it was here in four days from despatch from California

2 hours ago, Sparky75 said:

Yes I am, it was $28 (just over £21) so not cheap but they seem to be the only place with any stock and as I said it was here in four days from despatch from California

Ah OK thanks for the info, at least I know where I can get some if needs be. 

On 10/10/2020 at 20:57, i4nsmith said:

Did anyone find any stock of the alternative helion suspension arms, ordered my truck yesterday and was looking to buy some spares for when the inevitable happens? 

Helion Avenge are the correct arms.

I've not ploughed into any trees either, I just bash hard, I've broke most parts on mine now lol, but I don't film everything.

It's definitely not a hardcore basher.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a shame, takes the shine off a new RC when this happens. Makes me laugh when you see likes of MS et al advertising 'good stock' of the model itself, but lousy stock of certain parts, particularly bits like driveshafts & arms... And people wonder why Traxxas are so successful.

Mine arrives tomo - not many left out there! I'm going to WD40 soak the front arms overnight which makes them much more resilient to snapping. I also have seen tightening the servo saver is a must as I've seen allot of comments online from customers think the servo has failed. You can superglue the thread of the top of the saver which holds it just enough so it doesn't slack off but can be cracked off if need. I also will be reducing the brakes via a hack from Razor RC on YouTube to reduced lawn darting the truck as I've seen happen alot out of the box due to brakes being set too high from the factory.  The Helion Avenge front arms are out of stock everywhere at present in the UK (Nov '20)  so we will see how she holds up to rest of our RC family. I'm loving everything about it so far and will post up a small vid or pics very soon !

6 hours ago, Shanx said:

Mine arrives tomo - not many left out there! I'm going to WD40 soak the front arms overnight which makes them much more resilient to snapping. I also have seen tightening the servo saver is a must as I've seen allot of comments online from customers think the servo has failed. You can superglue the thread of the top of the saver which holds it just enough so it doesn't slack off but can be cracked off if need. I also will be reducing the brakes via a hack from Razor RC on YouTube to reduced lawn darting the truck as I've seen happen alot out of the box due to brakes being set too high from the factory.  The Helion Avenge front arms are out of stock everywhere at present in the UK (Nov '20)  so we will see how she holds up to rest of our RC family. I'm loving everything about it so far and will post up a small vid or pics very soon !

My personal experience is value for money is great but back up for spares is very bad. Depending on what you're going to be doing with it, it's always in the back of your mind that if something goes wrong it's a nightmare to repair. 

I've done the razor rc brake mod as it was much needed, had no bother with servo saver or suspension arms(yet) but I haven't done any serious bashing with mine, the body has taken a lbit of damage due to being on its roof/spoiler a lot but that could be bad driving I guess. 

4 hours ago, i4nsmith said:

My personal experience is value for money is great but back up for spares is very bad. Depending on what you're going to be doing with it, it's always in the back of your mind that if something goes wrong it's a nightmare to repair. 

I've done the razor rc brake mod as it was much needed, had no bother with servo saver or suspension arms(yet) but I haven't done any serious bashing with mine, the body has taken a lbit of damage due to being on its roof/spoiler a lot but that could be bad driving I guess. 

I agree, it's great fun and good value on the whole but spares availaibility is pretty poor. Not sure if this is because it's still a fairly new car for Associated or the pandemic slowing down supply chains. I have done a bit of damage, 2 front A arms, front skid plate and bumper and a bit of damage to the body around the rear spoiler! I haven't held back though so it's a bit of inexperience of 3S and childish excitement on my part!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*Newbie alert* -  took my rival out for the first time today I couldn't figure out why I couldn't put the car into reverse. 

I've googled and even reluctantly looked at the instructions not something I usually do,  I can't figure it out.

Drives and stops fine just won't go into reverse before I contact the company I purchased it from am I missing something? Throttle trim adjustment?

Thank you.

18 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

usually the 1st forward push is brake then let it centre and push forward  again and it should reverse 

Unfortunately that's not working I'll have an other look at it asap. It's new not 2nd hand it should be fully functioning.

*Update tried using the rival today after it not moving backwards or forwards for a lifetime it looks like it was the throttle trim adjustment now it goes into reverse yay!!

And throws itself on its roof is I accelerate to quickly 🙄

Edited by Tabbie
Update

• 1 month later...

So apparently the Helion arms are now discontinued, the Associated arms are due in stock on 25th Feb according to a few different websites.

But at £24 for a set, I usually break an arm per bash, it's going to be expensive.

Or I might put the electrics into something else and retire the chassis, shame really because it's wicked good fun.

8 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Just had it from a contact that RPM have some arms in the making for this truck.

I will be pre-ordering as soon as I can!

Will link to them when I find out more.

Great news 👍 Mines been sitting broke for months, it might come out of retirement when these RPM arms drop 

On 21/02/2021 at 13:23, Oh How Original said:

Just had it from a contact that RPM have some arms in the making for this truck.

I will be pre-ordering as soon as I can!

Will link to them when I find out more.

Ah nice, this is awesome news. I've not yet broken an arm but do have a spare set in case (they seem to be quite hard to find, so when I stumbled across some recently I snapped them up). Will deffo upgrade to RPMs tho. I've been spen ding a lot of time with my Mojave and Big Rock recently but there's something about the way this truck handles that I really love.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, immortaljellyfish said:

Ah nice, this is awesome news. I've not yet broken an arm but do have a spare set in case (they seem to be quite hard to find, so when I stumbled across some recently I snapped them up). Will deffo upgrade to RPMs tho. I've been spen ding a lot of time with my Mojave and Big Rock recently but there's something about the way this truck handles that I really love.

Yeah same here to be honest.

I've had an ETA for the arms to hit USA shops of 1 month.

But theres some really delayed shipping in the USA at the moment, so who knows.

I doubt we will get them within 3 months.