• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team corally dementor

Fly In My Soup

36 minutes ago, F1aw1ess said:

I like the look of them, much better components out the factory and slightly cheaper.

CML are getting a full stock of parts in and even if we need to buy something from Belgium, coming out of the EU isn't going to put prices up much if at all once the dust has settled. They are even making their own hop up parts which is nice.

If we don't support smaller companies and create competition in the market place, Horizon are just going to keep releasing lower quality cars each year knowing people will buy them anyway as there is no alternative.

I'm going to take a punt with the Kronos and fingers crossed I'm pleasantly surprised :)

Please post up your experiences, would be really interested to know how they stack up!

4 hours ago, F1aw1ess said:

I like the look of them, much better components out the factory and slightly cheaper.

CML are getting a full stock of parts in and even if we need to buy something from Belgium, coming out of the EU isn't going to put prices up much if at all once the dust has settled. They are even making their own hop up parts which is nice.

If we don't support smaller companies and create competition in the market place, Horizon are just going to keep releasing lower quality cars each year knowing people will buy them anyway as there is no alternative.

I'm going to take a punt with the Kronos and fingers crossed I'm pleasantly surprised :)

Good on you fella I’m holding out for the Dementor if I’m lucky due in stores middle to late January 

• 1 month later...

well these arent going well at all XD 

as it turns out having a solid rear bumper doesn't go well. 

Edited by Jumper

21 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Dodgy servo, dodgy radio, bendy chassis, diffs need tuning.... this is sounding quite familiar.

buy the truck, take out motor and esc, sell truck as roller with servo and radio, but tekno mt410 = profit?

Edited by Jumper

3 minutes ago, Jumper said:

buy the truck, take out motor and esc, sell truck as roller with servo and radio, but tekno mt410 = profit?

How much do you think you’d get for a roller?

Motor and ESC are rebranded HW though if I’m not mistaken? Might as well just buy that new and save the hassle, they’re not that expensive.

8 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

How much do you think you’d get for a roller?

Motor and ESC are rebranded HW though if I’m not mistaken? Might as well just buy that new and save the hassle, they’re not that expensive.

i was joking :P the profit would be that you started out with a good chassis and electronics. the motor is same as arrma and the esc is a full max8 with all the programming options which is nice. 

• Like 1

Wow. That 6s jump that broke it (if it broke there) was laughable. He didn't show the landing, but that was barely 5 feet high. 

That's very disappointing. That wasn't a crash that should've caused any damage, and the damage was quite substantial. Meh.. 

The only other thing I have seen with these was on Kev’s channel, someone had the Python at ARC raceway I think. Also broke almost immediately.

Not a great start for the platform. They seem to drive nicely, which you would hope given the pedigree, but clearly need a v2 or some upgrades.

Having a decent Servo and Radio was all they needed to do to set themselves aside from the Arrmas of this generation, but they even ballsd that up.

Swear it was the Kronos in Kev's video? Either way, it broke easily. I think it's still too early to write it off but it's not looking great.

Would be cool if traxxas wasn't the only company using plastic in the chassis for their high end cars, I think a lot more cars could benefit from a bit more plastic here and there, *cougharrma*

Swear it was the Kronos in Kev's video? Either way, it broke easily. I think it's still too early to write it off but it's not looking great.

Would be cool if traxxas wasn't the only company using plastic in the chassis for their high end cars, I think a lot more cars could benefit from a bit more plastic here and there, *cougharrma*
Might have been, yeah. it was a while ago and at that point I thought it might have just been a bit of bad luck on the day given its winter and I'm sure we have all experienced, stuff breaks easily.
Now I'm thinking these things could actually just be quite bad.

Anyone aware of other reviews anywhere?

2 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Might have been, yeah. it was a while ago and at that point I thought it might have just been a bit of bad luck on the day given its winter and I'm sure we have all experienced, stuff breaks easily.
Now I'm thinking these things could actually just be quite bad.

Anyone aware of other reviews anywhere?

There’s actually a whole Facebook group and so far no one has had this much bad luck with there’s . Also there’s a lot of German guys running these with great results which seems odd if there really as bad as this guy would have you believe 

Team Corally Bashers UK if you’re interested 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 29/01/2020 at 12:42, Tug said:

This vid features the Kronos, takes quite a beating with only a cracked rear wing mount, and let's be honest that a lot of cars suffer from that. 

The Kronos is very high in my wishlist 

it is very capable on 4s going by the vids 🍻

On 13/12/2019 at 17:05, F1aw1ess said:

Did you get a Kronos ?

whats the verdict if you did ?