• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s TLR 5ive-B 12s Brushless

.AJ.

I’ve dreamed of a brushless 5ive-B for many years......

CDFA3572-E3-BB-41-CA-B7-AE-ADB8-F092790-

TLR 5ive-B kit 

ZTW Beast Pro 300a 6-12s esc

ZTW Beat Pro 70120 6-14s 620kv Motor 

Top Tuning Brushless conversion kit (direct copy of the MGM kit?) 

I won’t be starting the build for a few days, as I’m going to be selling a few of the stock kit parts and replacing them parts I prefer.... I’ll be getting a different shell, one without the petrol holes, also I fancy the option carbon push/pull radio tray kit.....

Also had 3 K-Power DM4000 54kg servos turn up today from the guys at RC Models, I’ll be running dual steering servos with mechanical brakes to take some strain off the motor and esc

F7634173-57-D3-48-B9-AFB6-8-B9-A2-D46-AC

• Like 3

Here’s the conversion kit, it looks the same as the MGM kit but the battery tray is GRP instead of plastic and the battery blocks are aluminium instead of machined plastic... I’m not too sure about the esc mount/block tho ? 

8-A023339-45-C9-4-A77-80-FB-FF58155-D74-

Hmm, I’m a bit annoyed, The seller has removed all the petrol parts from the kit including the brake set up, I fired them off a msg and they are going to send me the brake parts, I did said to them that they should make it clear in the sales advert that parts had been removed from the kit tho....

2 hours ago, markymarky said:

Out of interest any additional charges to pay?

Know there shouldn't be from Germany but curious :)

It won't have even had a customs declaration on it. When you ship internally within the EU, you don't add any additional paper work, you just send it. The sender in theory should then pay VAT to the country they shipped too. Same should now work for Canada and Japan. 

The battery tray that came with my RCMonster kit was junk, the mounts broke first crash! That's why I made my own boxes (you might have already seen them?), they're ugly, but tough as old boots and hidden under the shell. 

What size pinion do they supply with the kit?

26 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Probably best sell them lol, any recommendations?  

I had the best luck with Silverback wheels, Hostile zero growths and hostile ATs on 8S.  Guy at the track had good performance out of the rcmodelz KM clone wheels, KM inserts and the 30DNT mini pins though, also on 8S. Most people who seem to run either 12S or big bores use BRPs, but at £100 a wheel, it seems excessive.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what would be best for this beastie but I ran these on mine but as they are race tyres they might not be strong enough https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/wheels-tyres/tyres/racing-tyres/large-scale-minispike-130-yellow.html and these wheels https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/grp-buggy-big-wheels-yellow.html (they do white ones as well) oh and foams https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/grp-wf16-foam-inserts-x-soft-2pcs.html

Obviously these will limit you to grass as they'd get destroyed on anything else. You would probably be better off getting some sort beadlock set up. 

• Like 1