• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s TLR 5ive-B 12s Brushless

.AJ.

Yeah, I mean they look awesome and apparently are the mutts nuts but the price is insane. Also the width will hurt the 5ive Bs agility. Personally I'd use the 12S for long run times and tailor the power right down. 8S is quite frankly enough torque to move a 5ive as a tremendous pace but 8S is run times really lack something. Then you also won't need wheels costing 100 quid a go. 

The batteries are in, it's a runner! Let's see it fly! Whoop! ?

You could get it all installed and set up and calibrated, then lower the end-point on the throttle, you'll still have speed, but should have longer runtimes. 

Haha, looking at the ESC setting it has a throttle limiter you can set, also I plugged the packs into the esc to make sure it didn’t smoke on first start up and there was zero sparking even at nearly 50v and it all seems very happy ? 

Still fast enough to hopefully run cool and not stress out the electrics, I may gear up once the temps have been checked, but for a starting set up I don’t think it will be far off ?