• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thinking about selling up.

RCmk

Hi peeps 

As title suggests I'm considering selling up due to lack of use and wanting to raise funds.

I would want to part with the whole lot at once if possible and wanted peoples thoughts on how much I would get for the lot.. 

I'll list what I have briefly..

RTR Firestorm flux

boxed, in good condition, missing one of the wheely bar wheels. Few spares that came in the box

RTR Savage XS

rebuilt and fully hd'd everything, not even run since.

Lots of spares. 

ARTR Savage XS

rebuilt but still needs 13T idler gear few screws and needs a esc, has vector 4000kv and Hpi radio gear. Cosmetically plastics are in better condition then my other one oh and has hd gear cups and one set of hd axles.

ARTR Ansmann X8E

in for sale thread including spares. Just needs radio gear.

Rebuilt and run once flawlessly 10 mins.

ARTR Ansmann Terrier

just needs minor work but runs.

RTR Durango dex210 

ARTR Durango dex210

just needs radio gear 

Nearly a full roller durango dex210

85% I would think more,

Whole lot of spares, just not the bits needed to complete it.

2 lipo chargers 

7-8 lipo's 

3x 1/8 wheels n tires sets 

1 set of proline big jobs 2 for savage xs used once.

Various wires, clips, bearings and fans. 

I know it's not detailed yet but that's the jist of it just need to know a total I'd be looking at getting.

And if anyone is interested or knows someone that wants to get in to the hobby maybe it's a good start up package.

Appreciate any opinions cheers guys 

Edited by RCmk

7 minutes ago, NOFX said:

You'll have to post some pics mate. The mods don't like it when you don't post pics

It's not a FS thread, so I think I can say on behalf of us all, and don't take this the wrong way! but we're indifferent.  Pics will help folks help OP with a guideline price though.  

1 minute ago, capri-boy said:

It's not a FS thread, so I think I can say on behalf of us all, and don't take this the wrong way! but we're indifferent.  Pics will help folks help OP with a guideline price though.  

I will post up some pics of the whole lot as a bundle. 

Just need a rough figure going by the brief description given just need to know what ball park I'm in before I decide how to go about this.

The thing with selling as one lot is, you have to price it cheaper as other than dealers that specific lot might not appeal to many.

whereas by splitting them up into more manageable lots with decent pics, nice clean Rc and a detailed description. Doubling your money for a little effort.

how valuable is your time? 

8 minutes ago, big gaz said:

The thing with selling as one lot is, you have to price it cheaper as other than dealers that specific lot might not appeal to many.

whereas by splitting them up into more manageable lots with decent pics, nice clean Rc and a detailed description. Doubling your money for a little effort.

how valuable is your time? 

I agree with you totally Gaz,

I don't mind cleaning and doing pics and maybe even go in to parting it out but I keep changing my mind about things and for that reason I just want to sell the lot. 

Maybe give someone a deal as alot of decent and helpful people on this forum. 

I do need to raise some money urgently so this has to go for now unfortunately. 

Ide atleast sell the hpi savage xs trucks separately on eBay start them as 100 and 150 if solid platforms not worn out. I was watching lots of them thinking to upgrade my daughter's basher. One that steers lol. Stick them on ebay i might bid and I know they attract lots of bids. I've owned two aswel its just one of those rcs.

The Durango buggies aren't they race buggies i would list those togeher one racer might want both for many reasons. Oops 3x Durango buggies. 

All lipos shared between lots. 

One buyer will never see the value in the kit he might want 40% and sells the rest knowing it could be difficult esp annmann. Or swallon lipos bad stats without knowing for sure its presume the worst. Ice defo break it to atleast the brand lots. Hpi, Durango and annmann. 3 day auctions post whay you can for max bids. 

Profiteers are good here but like cex etc only see the profit. But are the ones buying these lots. It's all good if agreed good. 

Edited by RCbutcher

3 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Ide atleast sell the hpi savage xs trucks separately on eBay start them as 100 and 150 if solid platforms not worn out. I was watching lots of them thinking to upgrade my daughter's basher. One that steers lol. Stick them on ebay i might bid and I know they attract lots of bids. I've owned two aswel its just one of those rcs.

The Durango buggies aren't they race buggies i would list those togeher one racer might want both for many reasons. 

All lipos shared between lots. 

One buyer will never see the value in the kit he might want 40% and sells the rest knowing it could be difficult esp annmann. Or swallon lipos bad stats without knowing for sure its presume the worst. Ice defo break it to atleast the brand lots. Hpi, Durango and annmann. 3 day auctions post whay you can for max bids. 

Profiteers are good here but like cex etc only see the profit. But are the ones buying these lots. It's all good if agreed good. 

Thanks for the advice rcbutcher it's much appreciated, will give it some thought, I agree that it would be the best way to market it.

I will see how things go but at present my mindset is to get a figure in mind and maybe got for one complete sale.

If this of interest to anyone, please send me a Pm and see if we can come to an agreement for the whole lot. 

Thanks for the responses so far guys it's greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

I got moaned at when I said I might sell someone my summit , as they asked if anyone had one for sale & i didn't post pics.I didn't post it in the for sale section . I was just replying to someone... :boredlook: .

Seems like a decent collection to get someone started, or someone in the hobby to expand.

Problem with joblots is, the bigger the get (unless it's something ridiculously rare) you usually end up taking a lot less for it.

If you need urgent money, unfortunately, you might have to just take a low ball offer, chances are if someone pays peanuts, they'll part it out and make a bit of profit.

Sad to see someone having to leave the hobby, but needs must, post up some pictures anyway, fingers crossed someone will give you a fair deal, maybe even me.

13 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Seems like a decent collection to get someone started, or someone in the hobby to expand.

Problem with joblots is, the bigger the get (unless it's something ridiculously rare) you usually end up taking a lot less for it.

If you need urgent money, unfortunately, you might have to just take a low ball offer, chances are if someone pays peanuts, they'll part it out and make a bit of profit.

Sad to see someone having to leave the hobby, but needs must, post up some pictures anyway, fingers crossed someone will give you a fair deal, maybe even me.

I appreciate the advice and interest mate thanks.. 

I just don't want to give it away for peanuts but understand I can't get back all of what I put it.

I will throw a ball park figure out there eventually and try and sort some pics.

But I am listing it as honest as possible as I wouldnt want to rip someone off or mislead them. 

It's all in decent nick and can all be shown working and would be collection only as it's too much to post. 

I'll bare you in mind, thanks for the interest.

Oh n it's just a break at the min, I'm sure I'll come back to it again ;)

Edited by RCmk

Best thing is to be as honest as possible, I probably wouldn't have advertised you're urgently in need of money though because for some, that's just an invite to low ball you even further.

Send me a PM with some more info, pictures and a ball park figure.

I wouldn't be looking to split it all up, I would let me nephews and nieces use them, now the weather is getting good, so drop me a line, I won't guarantee anything though :good:

52 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Best thing is to be as honest as possible, I probably wouldn't have advertised you're urgently in need of money though because for some, that's just an invite to low ball you even further.

Send me a PM with some more info, pictures and a ball park figure.

I wouldn't be looking to split it all up, I would let me nephews and nieces use them, now the weather is getting good, so drop me a line, I won't guarantee anything though :good:

I mentioned needed the funds as I am trying to be honest as I can be, I don't have to sell all if any its just I am in that mood today. I wont let it go for nothing but I wont ask a arm and a leg but something reasonable.

Its ready for someone to come along and do the last touch ups and get much enjoyment out of it. I would love to help out a forum member and give the best deal I can for them.

So hopefully will come to an arrangement.

I am regretting this but right now its where I am at with things.

Ill pm you shortly mate:D 

• Thanks 1

If you wish this to become a sales thread, give me a shout and I’ll move it for you.

and honestly mate, can’t see it sellling for that kind of price, it’s still a fair chunk of cash for £1000.

Defo try sell separately mate its not that much hassle tbh set it to collection only less bids but gets it gone. Ebay is the best and now the summer is coming ebay seems extra livly. Best of luck with it 

I've been listing bits ive had for ages some ive tried to sell and not sold but all selling now clocked 250+ from 5 items. Small things too. It's been so good im looking through again for more to list. Crazy close to splitting my baja too. Sold some upgrades this week i didn't install to it. It's selling fast too. No relisting lol. 

I tried to sell my baja loads of times but couldn't get less than one new despite it being new with as much in upgrades with it. Sold 3 items and knocked a huge chunk off it. But still have a easy 400 to take off. Then offer the new baja for 100 less than it was lol. Or go further and butcher it out. 

Edited by RCbutcher

20 hours ago, big gaz said:

If you wish this to become a sales thread, give me a shout and I’ll move it for you.

and honestly mate, can’t see it sellling for that kind of price, it’s still a fair chunk of cash for £1000.

Hi Gaz,

I suppose it is turning into a forsale thread so if you have time then it would be very kind of you to put this in the sales thread.

Thanks.

Sorry if I haven't replied guys as I'm abit busy at the moment with a few other things. 

But I'm gonna stick with a complete sale at present just because I'm undecided on how I'm going about things.

It's all or nothing as I want to raise these funds. 

The Mrs won't let me sell for much less then what I'm asking lol can you believe it lmao.

If I get my asking price I would like to donate some money to the charity of the buyers choice.

Thanks for looking guys.

Edited by RCmk