• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

£4 drone thread.....

Fly In My Soup

My old man picked this up in a charity shop for £4......

Seems he wants to try his hand at flying it, which @ 62 years of age (and failing eyesight) should be interesting all in itself....

Looks like eastern made tat to me:043:.....

But it is all brand new etc came with 4 batts etc so don't blame him for buying it, at least when (not if) it's crashed it won't be any bother and a free Tx and lipos for me!

I've taken it home to set it up for him as he's off work tomorrow

P.s. I'm a drone newb, what are the benefits of the 3 bladed props?

7IzFCko.jpg

vn8lSKZ.jpg

JjqMm77.jpg

As above, Syma are toy grade quads that are easy to fly, this is not knocking them or anything as they are great to get exposure to how a quad works and a feel for flying, you can get them to a height and let go of the controls and it will sit there.

If he likes it there are a few other quads you can start to learn on, I would highly recommend an Eachine E010 to anyone wanting to learn to fly, they are small and used indoors and new can be had for £10 on Banggood, or the Tiny 7 or the original inductrix whoop, if you want to spend a bit more for around £50 you can go FPV - No more eyesight issues :thumbsup: although that is not for everyone!

• Thanks 1

I gave it a brief test today, whilst out, I noticed I  couldn't get video to SD to play on tablet, despite re formatting and retrying etc etc.....pics are fine ..video won't playback.

So bit of quick thinking I pinched an elastic bobble from my daughter and strapped the action cam to the underside.......despite being tiny it weighed around as much as the quad itself:043:

This, teamed with heavy winds made it a nightmare to keep aloft & maneuver.......although without it strapped on it was actually ok to fly, even for a newb like me!

Will get a vid up tomorrow!

Edited by Fly In My Soup

I trial fitted the 3 leaf blades to find one was incorrect???!!??

Should of been two A blades and two B blades, I have 3 B's and 1 A

They usually come with a spare set, have you got any extras?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Here's some terrible footage of me attempting to fly the £4 drone without crashing it..... It really struggles to get lift with this action cam strapped to it!!

Its unbalancing it to the point it spins out if you make a sudden turn

I'm sure I'll improve with my flying when I practice more over time, and also get a new runcam/better battery

couldnt you just practice first without the gopro? that quad is not that powerful imo.

also my brother in law had one and kept lifting his set of keys for a laugh and 2 motor failed after that :D