• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Proline Pro MT 4x4 Thread

.AJ.

42 minutes ago, James1986 said:

I remember feeling the same about mine actually, but it wasn't too bad and my 20kg servo seems to have no issues. If it's really bad maybe work your way through the steering and make sure they haven't overtightened something maybe?

Been through it multiple times now, sorted one issue with the steering plate being too tight and binding (the metal plate that connects the two belcranks). Loosened it to free it up, it helped the problem ever so slightly but introduced some slop into the system, those tiny bearings in the plate are just not up to the task imho.

Anyway there is still a significant amount of resistance in the pillow balls and cups.

I drove it around like this in the house and the servo is having a hard time, it responds OK, not as it should but acceptable, but it has a hard time self centering and because of the slop in the steering plate you can see one bellcrank moving but not the other until you get to a certain point where it picks up the slack.

The PBS will probably free up with running it I imagine, but I don’t wanna risk my servo or the BEC in my Max8 finding out.

So has anyone experienced these issues and still ran it or has my MT slipped through QC lol.

It just doesn’t sit right with me to run it like this.

Im going to try and sand the balls down a little and see if that frees it up, maybe use some dry lubricant 

Just had my CD open since it's been weeping quite a bit. Looks like I pinched up the seal pretty badly when I refilled it so one to watch out for!

29043652468_9c42d00543_c.jpg

Also, I recommend taking the time to apply some thread lock to the little grub screws on the roll bar ball-ends. I lost one completely and the other 3 have all backed off.

Got mine Friday ?

Filled the diff's first. 500k centre 10k rear and 5k front. Might have to change after testing. I like a lively back end and lots of wheelies?

Painted the body, not yet done the decals. Painting is not really my forte. 

Fitted the motor Hobbywing Xerun 4274 2250kv with stock 16t pinion. 

Xerun XR8 plus ESC. 

K power dhv200 servo. 

And then realized Saturday afternoon I had no battery connectors left for the ESC ?

IMG_20180624_110829-3744x2106.jpg

IMG_20180624_110840-3120x1755.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steephill said:

Got mine Friday ?

Filled the diff's first. 500k centre 10k rear and 5k front. Might have to change after testing. I like a lively back end and lots of wheelies?

Painted the body, not yet done the decals. Painting is not really my forte. 

Fitted the motor Hobbywing Xerun 4274 2250kv with stock 16t pinion. 

Xerun XR8 plus ESC. 

K power dhv200 servo. 

And then realized Saturday afternoon I had no battery connectors left for the ESC ?

IMG_20180624_110829-3744x2106.jpg

IMG_20180624_110840-3120x1755.jpg

Id get  an alloy servo horn  too, My stock plastic one stripped on the second run. 

Took my pro mt out this morning after installing the alloy servo saver arm, Steering still seems to be binding not alot but it is noticeable with the servo linkage disconnected.

First run i was extremely impressed with how it goes and handles, Was jumping over a small grass hill and landing onto a asphalt and not once did it even bottom out, Took a bit of a tumble towards the end of the first run and stripped the servo horn :(

alloy servo horn on order and all should be good to go again

Managed to free up the steering by sanding the pillow balls down in a drill, and I replaced the standard steering plate and inadequate bearings imho with a turnbuckle with ball ends so I can tighten it up as much as I want without it binding and wayyyyy less slop! So I can run it now..

Oh, btw @tanveer, some of the binding is caused by the suspension being fully decompressed. The ball ends on the hubs connecting it to the steering assembly with a turnbuckle are at an extreme angle, so if the car isn't settled and the wheels off the ground for example, when you try and test the steering, it binds a little, but when the car is settled (or you lift up the arms while you test it you'll feel its a bit more free, that was my experience anyway)  its the other things like the steering plate or the tight fit of the PBS on the hubs.

Put my tekin system in, just need a to paint my body. Can't wait!

jfUVz97.jpg

Edited by Badkad
Wrong link
  • Like 2

Gave my Pro MT recently purchased off AJ it’s first run yesterday, great little truck ?

Im going to get a 2200kv combo for it as it got a little warm with the 3200kv I had in it, wouldn’t mind trying 4S at some point just for the fun of it. Driving it back to back with my E Revo 2.0 I’ve gotta say I enjoyed the Pro MT more, really wasn’t expecting that ??

3942D222-A8F1-4BDB-A4EC-1630A21B1078.thumb.jpeg.a0c15a3199b67905e8e590da4485099c.jpeg

Edited by Bix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some good looking rigs lads, good to see this little truck is getting ever more popular :good: I love mine, hoping to get it out over the next couple of days!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2018 at 19:54, Badkad said:

Managed to free up the steering by sanding the pillow balls down in a drill, and I replaced the standard steering plate and inadequate bearings imho with a turnbuckle with ball ends so I can tighten it up as much as I want without it binding and wayyyyy less slop! So I can run it now..

Oh, btw @tanveer, some of the binding is caused by the suspension being fully decompressed. The ball ends on the hubs connecting it to the steering assembly with a turnbuckle are at an extreme angle, so if the car isn't settled and the wheels off the ground for example, when you try and test the steering, it binds a little, but when the car is settled (or you lift up the arms while you test it you'll feel its a bit more free, that was my experience anyway)  its the other things like the steering plate or the tight fit of the PBS on the hubs.

Put my tekin system in, just need a to paint my body. Can't wait!

jfUVz97.jpg

I tried it out and your right, once the car has the battery installed and it sits a little lower the steering is much better. Iv reduced the spring pre load on shocks and hopefully its sorted. 

Took the pro mt 4x4 out this afternoon, local bmx track means broken parts. Broken rear hinge pin holder. Will get pics up later. Id recommend people stock up on hing pin holders. 

• Like 1

Took mine out yesterday too and broke it!

3F093C02-C2FC-4BB7-B605-728F9DDADB4F.thumb.jpeg.bc0e81eba26086bd8ab0d2d7020bf468.jpeg

Pivot ball shafts both snapped and bent the front driveshaft, so much fun before it broke. Gotta wait for parts from Amain now though ?

7 hours ago, James1986 said:

Christ that's a bad break - did you hit something? Hard?

Didn’t hit anything hard but bashed and jumped it pretty hard on the last two runs even if the landing were on grass. When it went that wheel took the entire brunt of the impact. Having read up on the Pro MT Facebook group it seems quite a few people are going through them. There’s two fixes, place a 1mm plate (with a hole) between the pivot ball shaft and the arm or replace them with these....

http://www.rcparts.eu/r33090-tm505136-robitronic-hurricane-and-team-magic-e6-trooper-pivot-ball-11mm-4-pcs.html

It requires drilling out the original holes slightly but by all accounts they are much stronger due to the thickness. I’ve ordered a set of these and some stock replacements so can try both out (ordered another set of arms to enable both setups).

Will report back once the bits arrive ??

Oh oh and I order some front driveshafts as that was bent too ?

47 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

I think it's @Jumper whose just got a team magic, and from the outside it seems the alloy parts aren't great.  What size are the threads on the stock balls?  They look pretty weedy relative to the arms.

yes that is true. the items he has linked are from the e6 which is 1/8th so they should be pretty strong i would think. 

• Like 1

Looks like a significant number of spares are potentially coming to MS. That's good news, since my diff seals took 3 weeks to arrive from from Tower!

• Like 1

yeah waiting for parts sucks. i swear the germans are really slow to post stuff out :/ the us seem to post stuff out right away but the shipping itself takes longer. 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2018 at 21:27, capri-boy said:

I think it's @Jumper whose just got a team magic, and from the outside it seems the alloy parts aren't great.  What size are the threads on the stock balls?  They look pretty weedy relative to the arms.

I don’t know the exact size off the top of my head but they are very thin, granted it’s on 1/10 but it’s pretty heavy once you have 1/8 electrics in it. The Team Magic ones have much thicker shafts so fingers crossed ??

On 05/07/2018 at 09:50, James1986 said:

Looks like a significant number of spares are potentially coming to MS. That's good news, since my diff seals took 3 weeks to arrive from from Tower!

Be good once the parts land land in the UK, I hate waiting more than a couple of days to get up and running again!

On 05/07/2018 at 10:00, Jumper said:

yeah waiting for parts sucks. i swear the germans are really slow to post stuff out ? the us seem to post stuff out right away but the shipping itself takes longer. 

I used to use RC Mart for parts as they normally didn’t take more than a week or so for my Traxxas cars but now they won’t ship them to the UK it looks like I’ll be paying UK prices ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just bought a 2nd hand MT 4x4 and its got a few bent bits on it :(  . Where am I getting spares from? Modelsport only seems to have about 5 bits total in stock, Amain and tower have most of what I need..... anywhere else in the UK/europe?

26 minutes ago, Nickarla said:

Is that the 'practically new' one sold here not long ago?

No problems, just needs a couple of hinge pins and a hinge pin brace or 2. I paid £120 less than retail and it had some hop ups and other parts with it so im not complaining! Plus the chap who sold it to me offered to help with buying the new bits if I want, really nice guy by all accounts.

So other than modelsport, no where in the UK selling spares?

• Like 2

Modelsport and Wheelspin are the only places with any parts but they are still a bit thin on the ground. I’ve picked up most of mine from Amain, it’s a bit cheaper as long as you keeps the order amount under the customs radar and delivery didn’t take much over a week ??

• 2 weeks later...

So while I wait for parts to arrive I figured I’d use the time to give it a full tear down..

71D3C077-DB1F-4FEF-85E8-9726722BAF22.thumb.jpeg.172165a43b91530f8fdf84e3ff257a41.jpeg

Its obviously a lot cleaner, but was pleased to find no damage or wear in anything other than the hinge pin holders and pivot balls I already knew were damaged.

Something to look out for though is the centre diff bearings, as they aren’t rubber shielded one of mine wasn’t in a very good way, replacements on the way though ??

• Like 1