• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer

.AJ.

Ok, im absolutely awful at this. Ive started to watch the video, and this has impressed me. I didnt really look into it much as soon as that original picture with the Slash came out due to its size. The suspension travel looks amazing when he lifts it out. I also expected this to require 8s to hit 50mph+ but its 6s only?

Also, do the battery packs plug directly into the chassis with a Traxxas ID connector as opposed to into the ESC like that Losi which `ive forgot the name of?

50 on 6S, so it'll probably be great fun on 4S! 

As the guy pointed out, for the price you're paying you're getting a fair amount; extra wheels, extra centre shaft, half decent radio gear (I've never had a problem with Traxxas radio gear). 

The extra shaft does make me wonder if they know they're weak? 

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

50 on 6S, so it'll probably be great fun on 4S! 

As the guy pointed out, for the price you're paying you're getting a fair amount; extra wheels, extra centre shaft, half decent radio gear (I've never had a problem with Traxxas radio gear). 

The extra shaft does make me wonder if they know they're weak? 

Even as a Traxxas fan I did think that about the shaft haha. 

Looks like you should be able to by pass that in chassis battery connector thing fairly easily. 

Have I calculated this correctly:

RC Mart prices

$749 (£550) +$126 (£90) postage

Worst case scenario:

Total customs charge of £126 + handling fee + few percent change in currency conversions.

£766 worst case? Sound about right? 

Edited by Guns

Just an FYI for you guys wanting to order from abroad. 

Today Just been stung £31.00 on tax on a pair of fullforce rc shockcover for my x maxx 8s from America. 

Cost $30.00 and £31.00 on tax and royal mail handling charge. Have ordered before and been lucky. This time not. 

We speaking to the royal mail guy. He said since Christmas they have properly clamped down on items from America and China/Asia. 

Its a gamble be warned guys.

1 hour ago, Ady 2215 said:

Just an FYI for you guys wanting to order from abroad. 

Today Just been stung £31.00 on tax on a pair of fullforce rc shockcover for my x maxx 8s from America. 

Cost $30.00 and £31.00 on tax and royal mail handling charge. Have ordered before and been lucky. This time not. 

We speaking to the royal mail guy. He said since Christmas they have properly clamped down on items from America and China/Asia. 

Its a gamble be warned guys.

I dont mind paying it if Ive worked if out correctly :)

On 04/03/2018 at 23:26, Guns said:

Have I calculated this correctly:

RC Mart prices

$749 (£550) +$126 (£90) postage

Worst case scenario:

Total customs charge of £126 + handling fee + few percent change in currency conversions.

£766 worst case? Sound about right? 

Gone up to $779 now

http://www.rcmart.com/traxxas-850764-unlimited-desert-racer-electric-race-truck-with-trax-p-76760.html

• 2 weeks later...

They're not setting the world alight =/

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?9082149-Honest-Review-UDR

They need to combine with the SBR, the size of the Losi with the Scale looks of the UDR, cause it appears neither are quite there =/

I also got my part numbers confused. I thought it was an Xmaxx Servo, its not its a metal geared 2075. thats awful Traxxas!

More HQ pics here 

https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/1009400-traxxas-udr-1-7-truck-4.html

Edited by Guns