• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer

.AJ.

5 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Which one did you go for Rich?

Fingers crossed no customs either.

Look forward to seeing it.

I think 6s in something that size and that kv will do fine to be honest.

Went with the fox in the end ;) 

On 7 February 2018 at 17:03, mond said:

That's 100 quid less than the DBXL-E, which is a whole other level of car.  They need to consider selling this as a roller.

When you put it like that, only a 100 extra it certainly makes you think. 

On 07/02/2018 at 17:03, mond said:

That's 100 quid less than the DBXL-E, which is a whole other level of car.  They need to consider selling this as a roller.

Depends where you buy it RCMart is £635 to your door plus import duties if you get caught if you don’t it’s £300+ cheaper than the DBXL-E . You really need to shop around this day and age plus Traxxas parts support is better 

1 hour ago, mond said:

You only need that parts support of you break stuff. 

Very true but I’ve yet to find one I can’t break lol Losi parts support is now one of the worsed in the U.K. which is a crying shame as they make some real nice rc’s 

Well after watching this i deffiently went for the red, rigid industries truck. Got my pre order in at ms. 

The ford raptor svt  body looks awsome. 

When you see the real thing in the video traxxas have done a very good scale copy right down to the smallest of deal.

Bring on march.

:D

• Like 1

I give up with ordering overseas lol got this today now :crying:  

Hello,

We now cancel your order and pass your case to our accounting department for refund.

It will take a couple of days only. (*For paypal)

Please check your paypal account later.

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

I give up with ordering overseas lol got this today now :crying:  

Hello,

We now cancel your order and pass your case to our accounting department for refund.

It will take a couple of days only. (*For paypal)

Please check your paypal account later.

Oh dear. You worked out way yet?

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yeah use Modelsport instead :D :good: 

Yeah. :D What colour? 

I pre ordered red rigid industries after watch that short video clip.

Just looks awsome. 

Love the ford raptor body. Well the front part anyway. 

17 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

Yeah. :D What colour? 

I pre ordered red rigid industries after watch that short video clip.

Just looks awsome. 

Love the ford raptor body. Well the front part anyway. 

I was going for the red but I’ll be honest im Not sure anymore. Might just wait until I’ve seen them first hand and pick which one looks best close up ;) 

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Still say red is the best option. Imo. 

White fox is just missing something, but i do like the orange in it and orange bead locks. 

Edited by Ady 2215

Definitely on the radar, but being completely new it's got to prove itself. Edited promo vids can easily hide weaknesses. 

The suspension looks superb, seems to work very well. 

I've got a Traxxas dealer nearby, hopefully he'll stock this. 

I enjoy Kevin Talbots' vids, but I reckon it won't last long in his hands, that guy loves airing them out! :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tug said:

Definitely on the radar, but being completely new it's got to prove itself. Edited promo vids can easily hide weaknesses. 

The suspension looks superb, seems to work very well. 

I've got a Traxxas dealer nearby, hopefully he'll stock this. 

I enjoy Kevin Talbots' vids, but I reckon it won't last long in his hands, that guy loves airing them out! :lol:

He certainly does ;) 

Nice to see you back fella :good:

Edited by mydoddy69

So do I see a problem with this truck already, Now I don't have any of the 2 that are already available, So owners can put me right, But from pass research we have the Axial Yeti XL RTR with it's dodgy wheel nut on a big truck problem.

raceline_wheel_300x200.jpg?1410477260

We have the last big truck from Traxxas with it's, I assume, Almost standard but not quite wheel nut setup.Traxxas-X-Maxx-18.jpg

Then we have the new Desert Racer with this shower of,     Leave it. I can get a17mm hex setup on a £150 RTR buggy, But not on a 840 quid Traxxas, The Yeti XL has been pulled over the coals so to speak for this setup, And is that a plastic hex hub locator I see, Should have known.

And just noticed, How long is that grey plastic anti roll bar arm gonna last before it's rounded out.

suspension-front.jpg

Edited by babylon
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, babylon said:

So do I see a problem with this truck already, Now I don't have any of the 2 that are already available, So owners can put me right, But from pass research we have the Axial Yeti XL RTR with it's dodgy wheel nut on a big truck problem.

raceline_wheel_300x200.jpg?1410477260

We have the last big truck from Traxxas with it's, I assume, Almost standard but not quite wheel nut setup.Traxxas-X-Maxx-18.jpg

Then we have the new Desert Racer with this shower of,     Leave it. I can get a17mm hex setup on a £150 RTR buggy, But not on a 840 quid Traxxas, The Yeti XL has been pulled over the coals so to speak for this setup, And is that a plastic hex hub locator I see, Should have known.

And just noticed, How long is that grey plastic anti roll bar arm gonna last before it's rounded out.

suspension-front.jpg

The only problem I see is you don’t like it. For something you don’t like or will buy you show a lot of interest, is it more the case you really really want one but your hacked off your better half won’t let you have one :P

• Haha 2