• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

My neighbour is doing is some work in their garden so thought i would make use of it and test the extra weight added and i think it was a success, does anyone know where to get stiffer foams for 2.2 mud slinger xl by any chance?

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2085.jpeg

IMG_2092.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2088.jpeg

IMG_2083.jpeg

IMG_2084.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Brass every crawlers best friend :good:

I have wondered what the benefit of the brass bumper mounts are as surely that would make the vehicle even more tippy as its on the sprung mass

So i have found out that Prolines range of 2.2 xl inserts fit inside my mud slingers, so my next question is which do i go for, the dual stage foams with the harder blue bit in the middle or the all harder blue ones with the grooves in it? I dont really just do rock crawling, just a bit of everything but mostly trail stuff. I always noticed before that the tyres were rather squishy but now they are even more squishy and i do really thing that it would benefit off road ability for them to be less side squishy, so whats the thoughts, what do folks that know recommend?

I decided on the dual stage foams, they arrived today and i got them fitted up, they were really hard to fit, had to involve a small ratchet strap and the the missus to get the beads to sit right, they are so much firmer than i expected them too be but at least now and i can side hill a lot lot better 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Dont they just! They slow down in the sticky mud but just dont get stuck, awesome little machines, the farmer was well impressed with it too, just wish i could post the video

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...