• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

You can see the 3rd bat holder just behind front bumper

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-mercedes-benz-g-63-amg-trx-6-6x6-110-crawler-black-442736

The 4th picture straight down view

Edited by Stormbringer

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yep it is lol 

I got my brass from both Amazon and AliExpress good bit cheaper than model shops

I’ve never brought anything from AliExpress come close I’m sure I have some weights from way back thinking about it I’ll have a rummage and see 👍 I am going to get diff covers though the red is starting to bug me 🤣

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

You can see the 3rd bat holder just behind front bumper

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-mercedes-benz-g-63-amg-trx-6-6x6-110-crawler-black-442736

The 4th picture straight down view

Don’t you need the narrow front inner fenders to use that battery plate won’t work with the D110 will it ?

Just now, RC4WD fan said:

Don’t you need the narrow front inner fenders to use that battery plate won’t work with the D110 will it ?

I test fitted it in my 4 just before i replied to the post asking can a 2nd be fitted to the 4 and it slides in nicely 

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

The brass dif covers ?

be carefull as i tried the red brass covers and it wouldnt allow the dif lock/unlock work 

No something along the lines of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354052463632?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=b1UG2asFR5y&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 minute ago, RC4WD fan said:

Those are type im meaning the lock may not work right 

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

I think im confused lol and gave wrong answer lol

are you meaning using the TRX6 front battery tray in the landy

Yeah the little one at the front on the trx6 don’t think it will work as the inner fenders are attached to the body of the Land Rover 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Those are type im meaning the lock may not work right 

Ah right suppose I could spray paint the plastic red ones have some black paint 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

you can get black traxxas 1's cos if you paint em it can scrape off

Very true but have the diff covers so have some protection 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

So would I need just the front or do front and back? what are peoples thoughts 

Front outer and inter portals, kept the plastic arms as a weak spot, For the rear, just outer covers, might go for inner covers too, but dont feel it needs it atm.
Get underdrive gears, stick them in the rear, they arn't cheap but makes a difference with climbing. You can get overdrive gears too, but the underdrive gives the same effect, if your want lots of overdrive, you can overdrive the front aswell as underdrive the back.
We dont run wheel weights just heavy alloy wheels that work out to be 150g each with tires fitted.
All up the trucks about 5kg.

20230429_212626.jpg

I got mine from local shops and fitment mmm, well getting the bearings out isnt fun, and irrc the front inner covers didnt come with the right length screws and they were cheese.

I found the wheel weights I had from a long time ago will put them in tomorrow when I put the new motor in but if that’s not good enough I get some brass bits and use some grease with the bearings when installing them 👍

• Like 1

So i have seen these thingys and think they are an awesome idea, the only downside is £20 shipping over and above the cost, i messaged the guy who makes them and he says he does free shipping on orders over £150 but i would assume that would be to 1 address in the uk and then there would be a few quid i would imagine to get from that 1 address to your address, is anyone interested in this? Who wants to get the order delivered to their house and then ship them to everyone else? I dont have a problem doing this.  Or does anyone know of something like this in the uk? I have no affiliation to this guy or product

Ronnie Santiago https://www.etsy.com/listing/1450356851/

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 2

Where can I get miniature nuts and bolts from ? have some of that plate stuff coming for the wings and what not but unsure if it comes with the tiny bolts/screws 🤔

Some of that plate if it doesnt have holes in it is double sided sticky the plate with holes should come with the wee bolts nuts 

have you a link to the plate your getting ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Some of that plate if it doesnt have holes in it is double sided sticky the plate with holes should come with the wee bolts nuts 

have you a link to the plate your getting ?

Traxxas TRX- 1/10 Land Rover Defender Chequer Plate D110 Silver Black TRX4 | eBay I have brought the full set in black but wanted a bit more scale look than sticking it on with double sided tape

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 1

in 1 of the pictures it does show a pile of screws  also it shows the double sided tape with other parts  so it looks to me some are screwed down and other bits stuck on 

I guess need to wait on it arriving just to see exactly whats in it 

• Like 1