• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

24 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

not really 

the higher the kv the faster the motor but less torque

the lower the kv the lower speed but more torque 

Ok thanks that makes sense, so is a 2800kv ok for a rock crawler?

Just now, Stormbringer said:

going by other folks posts etc it would seem around the 2800kv is ok , no experiance of it myself in crawlers yet

Thanks i too have just no idea either when it comes to brushless stuff, i have always up till now been a fuel powered car modeller

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Ok thanks that makes sense, so is a 2800kv ok for a rock crawler?

Yes its about spot on, as i have the full fat 2 speed, the high kv is fine as you can go low range for the technical stuff and highrange for long distances, went the high kv as can always gear down if more torque is needed (never is)

• Like 2

The 45 tooth spur/9 tooth pinon is a cheap mod, Id add a metal motor plate maybe for a brushless, but many on here have had no bother withe standard one. Ive had no bother with the standard plastic prop-shafts either!

• Like 1

So after a lot of research and deliberation i decided on this esc and motor, so should be with me soon 🙂https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-xerun-axe540l-r2-2800kv-1334727 do you think i will need to drop a pinion gear size from stock, i do have a 10 tooth as im waiting on 140mm 2.2 wheels and tyres arriving at some point?

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

The 45 tooth spur/9 tooth pinon is a cheap mod, Id add a metal motor plate maybe for a brushless, but many on here have had no bother withe standard one. Ive had no bother with the standard plastic prop-shafts either!

Thanks for the advice, I have the alloy motor plate and the cover bit on and am waiting for the bottom alloy bit arriving which hopefully will be soon

never needed a metal motor plate, i know the metal parts if they are not traxass will not line up correctly and usally need some manual work / grinding to get them to seat together
you also shouldnt need to gear down, unless you find it to fast, you will not have issues with torque

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Redback said:

never needed a metal motor plate, i know the metal parts if they are not traxass will not line up correctly and usally need some manual work / grinding to get them to seat together
you also shouldnt need to gear down, unless you find it to fast, you will not have issues with torque

Awesome thanks, i was well impressed with the fit of the alloy bits, they were perfectly fitting, i was expecting to maybe have to do a little fiddling with them but didnt need any whatsoever

• Like 1

The new motor is on it’s way 😁

but the main reason why I’m posting is because tone rear end imo there’s way to much on the back of the body is there a nice alternative ? Not bothered if the extra wheel fuel can and jack isn’t there anymore but what something there the only problem I see is the tyre holder also acts as a body post/brace going into the rear bumper with 2 prongs 

any mods or parts out there 

4 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

The new motor is on it’s way 😁

but the main reason why I’m posting is because tone rear end imo there’s way to much on the back of the body is there a nice alternative ? Not bothered if the extra wheel fuel can and jack isn’t there anymore but what something there the only problem I see is the tyre holder also acts as a body post/brace going into the rear bumper with 2 prongs 

any mods or parts out there 

So what motor have you got coming? I am not understanding the other bit though

9 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

So what motor have you got coming? I am not understanding the other bit though

this one https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-quicrun-fusion-pro-2300kv-sensored-brushless-2in1-1344884 and I’m on about this C2C8BA0C-A4C0-44C7-99E2-4A9EA8022335.thumb.jpeg.52dfbf37166e06650c974bea64240821.jpeg way to much going on at the back for me what something a little less the wheel is way to big but would look stupid with a smaller one 

37 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

This my 1 with that cover

G7yDikC.jpg

I could do that I found a Land Rover one just looks to big might look a bit better if I paint the cans and high lift jack 🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, locky said:

Finished removing paint from windscreen, just the rear left, F-150 High Trail came with window stickers. Think I'll not bother with trying to detail black window rubber trim as cant see any method.

Zi49Zma.jpg

Can you use a fin tip marker pen ?