• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

41 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the model versions..  also i don't go much on the body  so would the sport one fit.

Simple. 

The TRX4 comes in two chassis versions. The Defender and Tactical Unit come with a 324mm chassis if i recall correctly, and have their inner fenders mounted to the shell. The Bronco and Blazer ship on 313mm chassis. and have their fenders mounted to the chassis. 

All four of these come with a two speed gearbox, and remotely lockable diffs. 

Lastly there's the Sport. 313mm wheelbase, no fenders, single speed and permanently locked diffs. 

There's also the premium builders kit, i think that's the 324mm chassis too. Not 100% on that one though.

• Like 1

If i went kit  do i need anything extra  as it looks like it comes with radio and servos.   not had a proper look yet.

anything need upgrading

Edited by turok007

25 minutes ago, turok007 said:

If i went kit  do i need anything extra  as it looks like it comes with radio and servos.   not had a proper look yet.

anything need upgrading

A body!
Only the bronco and chev bodies fit the premium kit. Upgrade out the box, metal servo horn thats about it. Bronco fits kit fine, not sure about chev if it needs the narrow mudgards / fenders.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redback said:

A body!
Only the bronco and chev bodies fit the premium kit. Upgrade out the box, metal servo horn thats about it. Bronco fits kit fine, not sure about chev if it needs the narrow mudgards / fenders.

just looking  and the body is about £150    sure i can find one that fits for alot less  lol

On 13/09/2019 at 21:17, m4inbrain said:

Just fixed my biggest gripe (so far) with my TRX. 

I finally replaced the awful stock radio. I'm not gonna say "it drives entirely different now!!!1" - but having a throttle curve and more importantly a decent trigger compared to the awfulness of the factory radio, it's like.. 

13315021.jpg

Took a little to get the radio set up (and receiver/expander fitted into the factory receiverbox), but absolutely worth it. And with 8 channels i've got plenty spare now too for lights and a winch.

Do you have a link to the radio your using on this.

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Do you have a link to the radio your using on this.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flysky-noble-nb4-afhds3-surface-radio-w-2-x-fgr4s-receivers.html?___store=en_us

After firmware update, it's an 8ch radio. You do need a "receiver extender" though - the factory receivers are only 4ch, but there's an extender for it. I'll have a look later what it's called.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turok007 said:

just looking  and the body is about £150    sure i can find one that fits for alot less  lol

Honestly ive fond the body to be worth every penny, the bodies  are very very tough, well mine is and hasnt cracked. even crashing full pelt into a car, fine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Little update, 

my rig is almost complete now (skid guard left to buy) decided to splash out on my Trx4 and go from this,

A4-CF5-D4-C-6-A0-A-4-DFA-94-ED-17-B44368

don’t get me wrong, the above combo is sublime in a trx4 on 3s lipo. Removed to make way for this little beauty,

91900732-45-D2-49-FF-867-F-53-FF827-DC77

oooh, can’t wait to be able to go and “test” it out properly......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Little update, 

my rig is almost complete now (skid guard left to buy) decided to splash out on my Trx4 and go from this,

A4-CF5-D4-C-6-A0-A-4-DFA-94-ED-17-B44368

don’t get me wrong, the above combo is sublime in a trx4 on 3s lipo. Removed to make way for this little beauty,

91900732-45-D2-49-FF-867-F-53-FF827-DC77

oooh, can’t wait to be able to go and “test” it out properly......

@Gaz! If you need a new home for the 1080, let me know 👍😉

• 2 weeks later...

Well gone from having 0 crawlers and thinking there dumb to buying 2 in a week lol, gave DC1 to my son and order TRX4 Defender, there any MUST do things for the TRX4?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Any one found a good aftermarket solution to the stupid pan hard bar mount being on the inner fender. Snap one thing, need to buy 4 new fenders is a massive waste.
I do want inner fenders but do not want to use the fast track front shock mounts as they wont work with my chassis fenders, but i do want a metal pan hard mount. Short of fabricating my own, any ideas?
It's this part. Thank you.

IMG_20210417_173342.thumb.jpg.96d5e71d6f638909ce164f47e1dccfe2.jpg

On 24/04/2021 at 20:53, Redback said:

Any one found a good aftermarket solution to the stupid pan hard bar mount being on the inner fender. Snap one thing, need to buy 4 new fenders is a massive waste.
I do want inner fenders but do not want to use the fast track front shock mounts as they wont work with my chassis fenders, but i do want a metal pan hard mount. Short of fabricating my own, any ideas?

These alloy shock towers have the mount built in and all fender liners fit properly too. 

IMG_20210426_011752.jpg

12 hours ago, rob foster said:

These alloy shock towers have the mount built in and all fender liners fit properly too. 

IMG_20210426_011752.jpg

Yeah sadly as noted i can not use the fasttrack alloy ones that you are using, those wont work with my chassis based fenders as the fenders hold the shocks. The fenders you have attach to your body, mine attach to the chassis.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Just bought the sport kit,can anyone recommend decent electronics including rx and tx? Thanks!

Whats your budget? I put AXE 550 system in mine and its amazing, HW1080 ESC is great and i hear good things of the Holmes Hobbies motors, servo im using 25kg DSS cheapo and its been great with the metal servo horn. tx and rx my TRX is on stock electronics which has been fine, my GMade runs Flysky GT5 6 channel (Was going to put TRX on it but other people in my fam want to drive the car lol) and its great kit for £70.

• 8 months later...
On 24/04/2021 at 20:53, Redback said:

I was looking and saw the vitavon panhard mount (VITTRX4PANHARD)

My only dislike of that is butchering the existing fender but I suppose there has to be a compromise...

On an unrelated topic...

Can anyone suggest some nice beadlocks but in plastic? I don't want to add weight for the motor to have to spin...

• Like 1