• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Berserker

babylon

4 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Also.

You know. When they're not on backorder I'm going to get a set of the shock springs.

The suspension geometry looks much better than on my D8T/Trophy bodge. Much more lay down. Might improve it no end and I have a set of shocks the right length Hmmmmmmmmm.

Of my 2 where the shocks are concerned. One is more upright and just lifts all the time, the other is stock (more lay down) and stays planted. Amazing how different angles make a HUGE difference.

Now I REALLY wish I'd got one :crybaby:

I bet they come on offer again like the bsr basher rally at £50 , now that would be nice , yes I was going to order the springs if they came in stock uk/eu warehouse , for the money it’s a great buy , was wondering if the motor mount could be changed out giving it more pinion options , I’ll look into that over the weekend I have a few different mounts in the spare box .

Edited by WiLLiE

I picked mine up on Saturday and very pleased with it although I wasn't expecting the wheels to be so big :@.@:

Are there any smaller alternatives that fit?  Also I would like to get a new body for it if anyone can recommend one it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Right then. Took a while but finally had the rest of the stuff arrive needed to run this.

Today an Alloy servo horn and a soldering iron arrived allowing me to solder on my EC5s. I charged a battery, then centred the Servo horn and took it outside.

Let recap final costs now its a genuine RTR

BSR Berserker: £101
Quicrun 150a: £57
1600kv 4082 Motor: £34
4S Lipo: £19
GT2B Radio: £16
80w Charger: £30
Hobbyking Servo: £14
Bag of EC5's: £5
Alloy Servo Horn + Servo tape: £5

Thats £281 including all delivery charges for someone who had ZERO R/C Items. That would give you £19 to buy a set of Allen Wrenches and a 17mm Wheel Wrench to be TRUELY RTR.

I've not fully stickered the shell yet.

Ive only used it for 5 minutes in my Cul De Sac. The set up is above. a 1650kv motor on 4s with kit pinion/spur. Ive not done anything with the diff oils.

The big problem is the one we all knew. The Tyres are tragic on road. We knew that, we know Im going to have to invest in some tyres. However What I can tell you is when you finally get some traction, its an absolute monster. Its very fast. Certainly doesn't need 6s (although I know have 6s power if I want). The £13 servo I had my reservations about is doing a great job, it turns the huge wheels with ease. I cant really comment on how the truck handles as the biggest aspect of a vehicles handling is dominated by the tyres. At the moment its very fun and drifty on tarmac. I did try it on Grass (may have been someones garden....) and it was much better, and was pulling rolling wheelies with ease..... I need to give it a proper off road bash/jump but initially Im just as impressed as I was when I opened the box. Its brilliant for the money. If it stands up to some basic jumps etc without failing miserably, the E-Revo 2.0 is certainly out of the equation!

nrnG2wf.jpg

Soooo Very happy with it so far :)

But Tyres, Seriously, am I going to have to dump 85% of the price I paid for my truck on Badlands.....

Looks good for the dollar spent! I'm interested to see how long the servo lasts - just bought the same for my HB D812 track basher. Even if it only lasts 4 packs i've probably had my money's worth!

2 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Looks good for the dollar spent! I'm interested to see how long the servo lasts - just bought the same for my HB D812 track basher. Even if it only lasts 4 packs i've probably had my money's worth!

Servo surprised me tbh, seems very well made and gets good reviews. I nearly bought something else before it even turned up...

31 minutes ago, Guns said:

Right then. Took a while but finally had the rest of the stuff arrive needed to run this.

Today an Alloy servo horn and a soldering iron arrived allowing me to solder on my EC5s. I charged a battery, then centred the Servo horn and took it outside.

Let recap final costs now its a genuine RTR

BSR Berserker: £101
Quicrun 150a: £57
1600kv 4082 Motor: £34
4S Lipo: £19
GT2B Radio: £16
80w Charger: £30
Hobbyking Servo: £14
Bag of EC5's: £5
Alloy Servo Horn + Servo tape: £5

Thats £281 including all delivery charges for someone who had ZERO R/C Items. That would give you £19 to buy a set of Allen Wrenches and a 17mm Wheel Wrench to be TRUELY RTR.

I've not fully stickered the shell yet.

Ive only used it for 5 minutes in my Cul De Sac. The set up is above. a 1650kv motor on 4s with kit pinion/spur. Ive not done anything with the diff oils.

The big problem is the one we all knew. The Tyres are tragic on road. We knew that, we know Im going to have to invest in some tyres. However What I can tell you is when you finally get some traction, its an absolute monster. Its very fast. Certainly doesn't need 6s (although I know have 6s power if I want). The £13 servo I had my reservations about is doing a great job, it turns the huge wheels with ease. I cant really comment on how the truck handles as the biggest aspect of a vehicles handling is dominated by the tyres. At the moment its very fun and drifty on tarmac. I did try it on Grass (may have been someones garden....) and it was much better, and was pulling rolling wheelies with ease..... I need to give it a proper off road bash/jump but initially Im just as impressed as I was when I opened the box. Its brilliant for the money. If it stands up to some basic jumps etc without failing miserably, the E-Revo 2.0 is certainly out of the equation!

nrnG2wf.jpg

Soooo Very happy with it so far :)

But Tyres, Seriously, am I going to have to dump 85% of the price I paid for my truck on Badlands.....

What was the hk servo you brought ?.

31 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

I've the on road, and yes they are.  Just lack a bit of cushioning compared to say badlands and I think, but memory not what it was, there a little heavier too.  Wear well though.

Are they definately Truggy ones? Wheelspin dont specify?

Took it out properly today. Performance is spot on. Im getting a little bit of cogging initially, but then boom its off. I still think Il try 6s mind :) The tyres are better on the environment in the pictures but even giving the benefit of the doubt as it was damp, Badlands cant come soon enough. In terms of running it as a basher I see no reasons why these doesn't compete with any other 1/8th Truggy. However Ive not give it a proper skatepark style bash yet. I did get some air, I did get some tumbles. It also stayed remarkably clean despite the lack of mud gaurds

kHefDTu.jpg

KRqCDWo.jpg

I spent about 15 minutes here, then moved onto a car park. This is a sealed off car park, no idea why its sealed off been like it since I was a kid, but it does make a great circuit

QAFbuNd.jpg

I couldn't really get many laps in cause the tyres were fairly unpredictable on this surface. I think theres ALOT of power to come (maybe making 6s pointless?) with some better tyres. Its slipping everywhere. I got a bit scared of the curbs so decided to go back to the gravel. However it cut out completely.... could still hear the ESC but nothing worked. It lost signal and hit a curb at about 15mph. Obviously there were some breakages.

2kftEU8.jpg

Ive broke the bumper ( I cant even remember what it looked like before it broke haha)

k8Fdbp5.jpg

I did find what was left of the bumper and it shattered almost like glass?

and the wing from a couple of tumbles

mItj4MB.jpg

This will be why it stopped. Completely my fault. Wet RX. Glad I didnt buy a Futaba one cause it would have suffered the same fate. A quick google suggest a replacement is £4 (LOL How is that possible!!?) and Ill CorrosionX it or stick it in a ballon.

e6TwWDX.jpg

Ill scout for parts now (It'll probably only cost a tenner!). The rest of the chassis is spot on. I didnt got crazy but it had some full throttle cartwheels on packed gravel and all the driveshafts etc look sound. I think with  a bit of investment this will be the only R/C I need....

Bumper is out of stock

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/front-bumper.html?wrh_pdp=7

So is the wing

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rear-wing-black.html?wrh_pdp=7

So is the receiver (well in the UK)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-gt2e-2-4ghz-receiver-3ch.html?wrh_pdp=1

I'm sure there are alternatives to at least the RX, and the other two aren't important 

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

Bumper is out of stock

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/front-bumper.html?wrh_pdp=7

So is the wing

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rear-wing-black.html?wrh_pdp=7

So is the receiver (well in the UK)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-gt2e-2-4ghz-receiver-3ch.html?wrh_pdp=1

I'm sure there are alternatives to at least the RX, and the other two aren't important 

TBone used to sell their products as blanks - bumper problem solved forever.  Any 1/8 wing will do so long as it's not drilled - £5 eBay special.  Flysky Rx should bind - well under a tenner.

6 minutes ago, Guns said:

Oh exactly not suggesting these are problems. Appears this RX works 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-gt-2-2-4ghz-receiver-3ch.html

Wow this is ugly though! WTF

https://tboneracing.net/products/81000-tbr-front-bumper-no-holes-1-8-buggy

No i get you.   For the sake of a couple quid you may as well get a flysky rx off ebay from the UK though.  Interesting shot of the bumper there - I actually think they look good fitted - though each to their own.