• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brushless motor rpm vs cells

locky

• .AJ. pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I’m still trying to find out how to use this chart, but I’m total noob...

I’m running two 2S 7.4V 5200mah batteries (which means 4S?) and I have single 6S battery which I was using with jumper. I’m running the oem hpi scream brushless motor and the oem ESC and doesn’t matter which batteries I’m using in less than 1min I could easily make the motor and esc proper burning. Now I ordered new ESC (tekin rx8) and I’m not sure if its possible to run it with the hpi scream motor. And if I want (need) to change the current motor, what should I get I mean like specs (how many KV). Also what else is important to know to make the right choice for the motor?

You can run that motor with the Tekin. The right choice of motor for a Tekin ESC is a Tekin motor :). The RX8 is paired with a T8. Depends what you're running it in though but I'd get a sensored motor to run with that ESC.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, new guy here 👋 I’m new to the world of RC cars and bought a Tamiya Dark Impact DF03 as an introductory car. After running on the standard kit for a week I decided to upgrade to a brushless set up. It seemed to go alright but after 10 minutes I started incurring a repetitive problem. It will run for 10 minutes but then cut out. I can hear the transmitter and receiver working together but there’s either no motor movement or is stutters. If I leave it for a few mins it then seems to go again before cutting out again. I’m running a LiPo 4000mah 50C 7.4 2S, a 4370kv 9T 820W brushless motor and a 60A 5.8v/3A ESC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.