• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

Had a little blast this afternoon wich didn't last to long as it started to make a clicking noise so took it apart and found nothing :017: so put it all back together for tomorrow's concrete jungle adventure :D did make a rear brace image.jpg and used a sharpie to make the interior a little different will be going over it with paint at some point :P image.jpg

We had the two Outlaws out this afternoon. What a laugh! They were absolutely brilliant! :D

Running the waterproof GoolRC 3500kv combo, we were a little cautious through the puddles... at first. By the end, we were slamming them through great big, deep, muddy troughs and they didn't even flinch. Some hard crashes, as well... no problems.

I'm so impressed, especially for such a budget brand. The Outlaw has well surpassed my expectations! :good:

Has anyone thought of trying 1.9 wheels and tyers on their outlaw ? I've only got some old ripsripsaws at 109mm tall they look a bit draft but taller and wider tyers might look good 

12 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

I'm so impressed, especially for such a budget brand. The Outlaw has well surpassed my expectations! :good:

Me to :yes: it's the cheapest RC I've had in a long time about £160 so far and the most used I've used my outlaw more times than the last 3 RC's I've owned together literally :lol: 

11 hours ago, NOFX said:

Good stuff :D. I'm treating mine with kid gloves at the mo. I'll have a look at it's week points & try to get some better stuff printed. 

Stop babying it and have some fun :rc_car: I'm beating the snot out of mine and so far so good :D famous last words :lol: 

• Like 1

Good stuff [emoji3]. I'm treating mine with kid gloves at the mo. I'll have a look at it's week points & try to get some better stuff printed. 
Bash it till you smash it, then fix it and bash some more. The circle of life.... (rc)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

So, about what I said yesterday... :whistling:

20180325_155115.thumb.jpg.cc706033d17995c35645530176cec794.jpg

Snap :D get it :lol: image.jpgbroke the chassis and a lower link and still have a big smile on my face :D time for aluminium parts :) 

2 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Snap :D get it :lol: broke the chassis and a lower link and still have a big smile on my face :D time for aluminium parts :) 

Exactly! the suspension mount on the chassis plate has the screw holes a little too close to the edge. Like you, I've had to order the metal one.

Even though I HATE the look of the blue chassis!

7 minutes ago, Praet0r87 said:

Exactly! the suspension mount on the chassis plate has the screw holes a little too close to the edge. Like you, I've had to order the metal one.

Even though I HATE the look of the blue chassis!

I'm going to use I think it's mister mussel oven cleaner to take the blue off mine :good: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nickarla said:

What's wrong with blue. I like it.

Nothing wrong with it I like the blue but won't match the colour scheme I'm going to do :) 

9 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

I'm just going to bash the snot out of it until there's no blue left ^_^

Just think the painted chassis looks nasty, that's all.

That's one way of doing it :yes: and more fun :D 

So today I went in to my lhs to get some paint for the scx10. As I'm paying. Some guy comes in wanting to sell a brand new in box outlaw. Shop didn't want to. So told him I'd have a look.  So its brand new in box with 3 battery packs. And £50 later I Now own it. Good times. Time for a mess about with it. See what its like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

So today I went in to my lhs to get some paint for the scx10. As I'm paying. Some guy comes in wanting to sell a brand new in box outlaw. Shop didn't want to. So told him I'd have a look.  So its brand new in box with 3 battery packs. And £50 later I Now own it. Good times. Time for a mess about with it. See what its like. 

Nice :) y'all love it I'm sure :good: 

It's a good add to the yeti and scx10. I wonder how long until I upgrade it all. 

Second car I have got at a very good deal.  I got a lrp off road buggy last summer in a car boot sale for £30. Brand new.  £400 worth of car and parts. 

9 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

It's a good add to the yeti and scx10. I wonder how long until I upgrade it all. 

Second car I have got at a very good deal.  I got a lrp off road buggy last summer in a car boot sale for £30. Brand new.  £400 worth of car and parts. 

Wow that is just rediculous, I used to get up at 6am and head to the bootsale and never found an RC car that good!

Edited by RobFandango

40 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Oops - first run out with it since buying from John and 5mins in.  Was wallowing side to side and full chat, to see if she'd roll (wouldn't).  

IMG_20180326_153053.jpg

this reminds me to get some lock tight :good: 

19 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

this reminds me to get some lock tight :good: 

Guess what John's getting in his secret santa this year.

Being an impromptu run out I had nowt with me - ordinarily a nut and bolt would have done a suitable temp repair.

Would anyone happen to know if a 12t 550 motor (from brushed stampede) will fit in outlaw? I have a new 12t motor and esc from brushed stampede laying around and was gonna buy a rolling chassis and chuck them in it

Edited by sunny