• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A bit of fun......

Gaz!

Nearly every car I've owned has been a money pit! Is that bad choices in cars or just the urge to spend? 

My most reliable has probably been the Baja, but that was hardly a stock machine! 

For VFM? That's easy, the KM X2! Absolutely no fails on it yet. 

Edited by Tug

Best allround RC has to be the 5ive. I've owned the majority of higher end models and its head and shoulders above the rest IMO. 

Best cheaper rc was the slash 4x4

Depending which way you want to go, for me, the best all rounder for large scale has to be a Baja.

For crawling and trailing, definitely the SCX10, this one could also be considered great value for money.

For a combination of good value for money and scaling, definitely RC4WD, whichever body style you prefer, they are just better than anything else from the scale world, having owned and used several.

My favourite short course has to be the Team Associated SC10, tough truck for bashing, great handling and a general all round good performer, another one I'd consider great value for money.

I'll stop there :lol:

Something else you could maybe add to the list, is RCs you really like the look of and want, but just haven't actually bought yet?

Mine would be the Proline Pro-MT and Axial Yeti Score.

Only ran the 5ive twice so far and I have spent quite a lot on it but when it is going well it is a great car.

Handles pretty well for it's size,flies quite well and seems to be pretty tough,had a few end over end rolls and it always landed back on it's wheels and in one piece. 

Also maybe cause it is so big when it did cartwheel end over end it didn't make me wince like the 8ight T used to :) 

For me, the Most fun and bang for buck,. The Stampede and Rustler series.

Not sure the 5ive warrants a place here, for what it costs, I'd expect it to be head and shoulders above every R/C. In fact, I'd expect it to make me breakfast in bed every morning! The KM X2 seems a decent shout though.

I'd put the Blitz/Firestorm over the Traxxas equivalents as because they are cheaper and better too.

Right to the left of the field - Kyosho Blizzard is the best tracked basher. OK its pretty much the only one that's not a tank or digger but its still great....

Otherwise RC10 Worlds car - 25 years old and still great to drive. The number of originals (mine for example) still running before the ReRe is testament to how tough and well designed they are.

Nice idea, but would it help to have a list of types to copy and paste and fill out?

Something like this..

eg://

Model Type

• Buggy:
  • Truggy: 
  • Stadium Truck: HPI Firestorm (Durable entry level Rc with great spares support)
  • Monster:
  • SCT:  Serpent SRX2 Rear motor (Tough as nails, designed for racing but strong enough to bash)
  • Trophy Truck:
  • Crawler:

Scale

• Large scale:
  • 1:8
  • 1:10 HPI Firestorm , Serpent SRX2
  • Mini
  • Micro.

Drive Type

• 2WD: HPI Firestorm , Serpent SRX2
  • 4WD:
  • Other: