• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 8ight (all models) Owners Thread

As @mond has suggested we need a general Losi 8ight owners thread where we can post tips, setups and general info about the Losi 8ight models.

Here is my Losi 8ight-e RTR roller that I picked up off ebay, I don't have funds for the electrics at the moment, but will be getting a Hobbywing XR8 and TenShock 1900kv motor, got a Savox 1256TG servo for it, and I will gradually change out the shock towers and shock caps to the kit ones.

IMG_20160707_073036_zpsurtf5vk6.jpg

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone recommend a decent 4s battery for a 8ight-e, don't seem to be too many options in stock at the moment. Most of the Hobbyking ones are too long except the smaller sub 5000 capacity ones and the only 6000+ ones I can find in stock are:

Other options get 2 x 2s hardcase batteries or get an overlander soft case although think this might be slightly too long - http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/262058/

I've got the Gens Ace 5800 and 7000mah hard cases, which fit but some bodies are too small. The best solution I found was 2xSMC 9000mah 2S. They fit the battery tray but are even taller and ordering them means mailing them and usually getting 4 or more to make it worth the postage and customs costs. 

Variable Motor and Centre Differential Angles
Two different centre plates for the bottom of the chassis are included. The stock centre plate puts the motor and differential directly in line with the chassis. The optional centre plate rotates the motor and differential 4.4 degrees, creating equal angles between the front-centre and rear-centre dog bones. This provides more balanced power to the front

20160713_091123_zpsvjlz3hnx.jpg

20160721_131048_zpsyduv8xgb.jpg

• 1 month later...

What oil are people running in their diffs? I am just converting my Losi 8 T 2.0 to brushless and was thinking of going 50K front 80K centre and 30K rear. It will be used for light bashing and no racing

Edited by sunny
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Today I bought http://www.modelsport.co.uk/losi-body-set-clear-ten-scbe/rc-car-products/404079 and http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=399901 and will attempt to see if it can be put onto a TLR 8ight 2.0. The difference in length is a matter of a few mm between the 8ight and the Ten but how it all attaches to the shock towers may be the problem.