• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Soo yeah this happened

Nikonite

the 1/8 on road one is a Schumacher Big 6 .. 1/6 scale

Edited by jea
  • Like 1

Awesome! I'm going to keep a close eye on the questions/answers as I reckon I'll have all the same ones for my antique super sport as rebuild on that starts next weekend, after payday!

Cheap was £75 for the lot,  I have shells for them all fortunately. The three speed one had a shot engine,  piston was cracked. Luckily another engine was included which is exactly the same. Now the problem is the hex starter is rounded off lol. There are some really cool bits in here,  one car has an electric starter which works. Am old electric Tamiya also works. So many questions I don't know where to start. Anyone wanna come and play :) I'm way out of My league. 

• Like 1

Question 1:

This starts great with the electric starter,  runs OK but only one if the rear wheels spins. This means it has no drive,  I'm guessing something in the diff? The grubs crews on the driveshafts seem tight.  I have no clue on ID either if anyone can help with that. 

20160627_103350-1.jpg

Next question,  the xTM has a 28c engine,  the starter mechanism is chewed and I presume missing a worm drive of sorts. Can anyone tell me what it's called and if I am likely to be able to find another? Sorry for all the questions. 

20160627_171307-1.jpg

Just have to get it going now.. I need to find a hex starter for that engine too as its rounded off,  do I need to buy it by engine size or brand of engine?  The cars came with an electric starter that takes nimh packs and so many bits, transmitters,  servos, receivers etc and a load of old chargers that I think are useless. Also a box full of wheels!  I'm sorting through it hoping to find bits I need,  annoyed I found loads of bits I have on the way from ebay like receiver batteries etc. 

Edited by Nikonite