• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

5 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Hope you got some ear plugs with that pipe lol 

Makes no difference to me, I'm 1/2 deaf in one ear and 1/3 in the other from having grommets as a lad :lol: 

2 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Next level mate, page 12 I started to think where will this go next and first I thought was bodyshell. This deserves something special wrap or air brush? 

I used to think the penta shell was the best body on the market of any scale but lately it hasn't been as striking. Especially once the arches are smashed and ditched.

I'm starting to like cage panel types more now, seems mad to spend so much on lexan that doesn't last. If I ever use my baja and break the body I'll just panel the chase cage. 

Cheers mate, when the stock shell is battered I'll get something nice for her to wear :) 

I didnt really like the CVD/crud guards I made up, so I bought a set, they are pretty well made, looks like they are 3mm GRP, so should be pretty tough.

20160519_173603_zps4fkopmhn.jpg

But I fitted them the wrong way round so not to offend anyone........

20160519_173537_zpsulaertxz.jpg

:good:

• Like 2

Have you not got a rectangle of vinyl wrap somewhere, lest anyone should catch sight from behind???

I'd hate to think of a small, field mouse (for example) seeing that logo as it's last ever vision as it flips up and over the back wheel.....

• Like 1

Sorry to swoop in but I'll buy them Dave for me mini :good:

in in the interest of the forum and such, I really think you should do a proper bad build, just gives us mere mortals a little glimmer of hope......

sorry Aj, fantastic work, wouldn't expect any less though really :whistling:

• Like 2

On 13 May 2016 at 18:31, andyknight said:

Not yet, still adding FG parts for the touring car to my basket.  I need to find and measure the pitbull extender first to work out what size clip it needs.

I bought some 6mm clips and they fit perfect :good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281782253458?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=580782060171&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I only did half a tank today and can't really see any wear, think I'll stick the stock pads back on tho, the Modified RC disks weren't cheap :good:

I've got a set of the modified rc discs but I'm going to sell them on (brand new) and fit a full Rcr set up

35 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

the ending sounded like it was going to stall but it could just be my hearing lol

Just you lol, a 2 stroke will just keeping running until it runs out of petrol, if it stalls then the carb settings are wrong :good:

• Like 1

Took the 5ive out again this morning, but struggled to start, when I did finally get her running as soon as I applied the throttle the engine would stall, I thought at first it was a air leak. I sprayed the whole engine with wd40 and it made zero difference. Luckily I had my spare carb (wt668) in my tool box, so I fitted that and it fired up straight away and ran ok, it did have a huge lack of top end tho and struggled to get over 14k, so I decided to pack up and head home before I damaged my engine....

Turns out the internal filter on my carb was pretty much blocked, I cleaned it out, refitted the carb and she now runs like new again. This carb has been on 3 different engines and done excess of 40L's, guess I had the fuel pipes the wrong way round at some point and sucked up some crap, from now on I'll check it more often, it will be part of my regular maintaince routine to check the filter  :good: