• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another one to try to go fast with....

Carpmart

12 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Im still unsure wether to sell, it's out of my jato speed build, I may split and sell the whole jato to fund other projects but I haven't even tried it properly yet so I can't make my mind up :( 

Thats ok as I'm still unsure wether to buy it! :D 

19 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Im still unsure wether to sell, it's out of my jato speed build, I may split and sell the whole jato to fund other projects but I haven't even tried it properly yet so I can't make my mind up :( 

I was in exactly the same boat as you at one point with my rustler.

Was planning on selling it, got lazy and didnt bother then ended up taking it to the last rossa event anyway .

Wasnt planning on running it but when the other cars failed i got it going and it really surprised me. 

Long story short it got me my 100mph hat and im not selling anymore.

Id advise you to keep it until you have tried it properly (the speed bug is really addictive too)

Back to the actual topic, looks like a nice runner that harvey. 

I guess you will put it in the 808 class?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pieman5 said:

I was in exactly the same boat as you at one point with my rustler.

Was planning on selling it, got lazy and didnt bother then ended up taking it to the last rossa event anyway .

Wasnt planning on running it but when the other cars failed i got it going and it really surprised me. 

Long story short it got me my 100mph hat and im not selling anymore.

Id advise you to keep it until you have tried it properly (the speed bug is really addictive too)

Back to the actual topic, looks like a nice runner that harvey. 

I guess you will put it in the 808 class?

Thanks for the advice bud, I'll have a think on it. There may be higher priorities though :( 

On 11 March 2016 at 20:54, Carpmart said:

Just acquired this...  will see how it goes on Sunday.. Then plan what I can do to go a bit quicker

worst paint job I've ever seen! :( 

c14fb6ba-2dad-44f4-b9a3-db6521f60498.jpg

f89a43cb-0900-4922-9679-143a163eb860.jpg

I think there is a chance we are wrong with the chassis :( 

image.jpeg

I have just just pulled this photo off Facebook and this is a serpent 966 converted to brushless....seems awfully similar IMO

Edited by Wrighty8766

You were right the first time, its an MRX4. 

Mine is a Motonica Electron RS3. I have converted mine to a speed car with 8S and trying to find the largest motor that will fit. The problem is the belt to the front, it restricts the length of the motor. Best way is to move the motor mount over and extend the layshaft

The lola shells for thee cars are not the best for speed runs as they are designed for huge drag at 60-70mph. The rear wing or body flip up is designed to keep the car in a straight line. You can cut it off but that moves all the drag to the front so the car will flip or spin at high speed. I had to make a special body for it below

12783514_184906805218882_413252201283952T

The other body is an Edam Maclaren. This is also OK if you dont want to build your own shell. You can mod it by cutting off the cockpit and covering the hole with lexan. The custom aero body is carbon fibre and weighs the same as the lexan one with the undertray

The other mod is to cut the front wheels in half. At full width the car is too unstable. You will want to use a decent ESC. I'm using the castle XLX. It will need to be capable of 200 amps continuous. with 8S the car will weigh about 4KG and it will take 200 amps to accelerate this car to 150mph.

Pinions wise you will need something like 28/40, 30/38 or even 32/36.

For the tyres use UFRA from Switzerland. These are the only ones that dont chunk

If you need any help let me know

• Like 1