• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

36 minutes ago, xxCarlxx said:

Thanks! That would have worked too but ive ordered everything now, the Servo, fixings and cables.  How much change would you like for it? Once ive got all my bills taken care of, i may still be able to buy it off you as a backup Servo.  

Any change will do since its used 🙂 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody done the Servo Saver Hack where you remove the screw and replace with a 16mm bolt and nut?

Everyone says 16mm bolt but nobody has bothered say the diameter. Im assuming its the M2.5x16mm? can anyone confirm?

kevin talbot says to use a m6 nut which is throwing me as that sounds too big for a m2.5 bolt.

17 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Yea i have, i think he must mean a 6mm hex nut, but yea your on the right track same size nut and bolt

Thanks.

Bec soldered and servo working, just waiting for stiffer servo saver spring hopefully tomorrow then ill get to work!

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

I have the stiffer servo spring but i think next time i have the front end apart i am going to make the spring stiffer still

Yeah with a stronger servo you can get away with it, let us know how you get on when you do it. 

19 hours ago, xxCarlxx said:

Yeah with a stronger servo you can get away with it, let us know how you get on when you do it. 

I was just going to cut the bottom ring of the original spring and use that

4 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I was just going to cut the bottom ring of the original spring and use that

Yeah thats the only way im aware of. My spring arrived today and it seems very stiff, cant imagine needing it stiffer! 

Ill sort everything out over the weekend, i also need to get baloons for the Bec. when you have a moment, could you send a pic of what your bec looks like in the baloon please, give me an idea of what it should look like.

Thinking of  just filling it in with silicone sealant  

20 hours ago, xxCarlxx said:

Yeah thats the only way im aware of. My spring arrived today and it seems very stiff, cant imagine needing it stiffer! 

Ill sort everything out over the weekend, i also need to get baloons for the Bec. when you have a moment, could you send a pic of what your bec looks like in the baloon please, give me an idea of what it should look like.

Thinking of  just filling it in with silicone sealant  

Here you go

thFGN44.jpg

HgyRes0.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Quick q, the extender is black but my nuts are blue (i know this sounds weird), more than likely im going to end up having to get black nuts, right?

Edited by xxCarlxx
  • Haha 1

I had to take a few attempts reading that but i get you now, the extenders are the same thread as the stock nuts which you can use perfectly well but if you want to buy something aftermarket you get something you like, i did change mine to nuts with a cap on them to save crud getting on the threads, i always put some purple loctite on wheel nuts as they always seem to slacken off, no matter the model

52 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

I had to take a few attempts reading that but i get you now, the extenders are the same thread as the stock nuts which you can use perfectly well but if you want to buy something aftermarket you get something you like, i did change mine to nuts with a cap on them to save crud getting on the threads, i always put some purple loctite on wheel nuts as they always seem to slacken off, no matter the model

Ups sorry for not being very clear! You make a good point, i had a look for capped nuts but they either have a 5 pointed star of which i dont like or some weird bling stuff, wish i could just get something plain, ill have another look on aliexpress later.

Thanks again!

34 minutes ago, xxCarlxx said:

Ups sorry for not being very clear! You make a good point, i had a look for capped nuts but they either have a 5 pointed star of which i dont like or some weird bling stuff, wish i could just get something plain, ill have another look on aliexpress later.

Thanks again!

The blue star ones is the ones i went for, but i think i did see plain ones, whatever you pick make sure they have some sort of serrations on the rear to help keep them locked on

these are more plain https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133823134213?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ME_-kv8oTRm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MRHag3XmRgm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by wolfie1

3 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

The blue star ones is the ones i went for, but i think i did see plain ones, whatever you pick make sure they have some sort of serrations on the rear to help keep them locked on

these are more plain https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133823134213?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ME_-kv8oTRm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MRHag3XmRgm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

They could work, thanks for that, ive played it safe and ordered the black ones, got them off aliexpress for £4.50, dont mind waiting a couple weeks. 

ive fitted the extenders now, noticeable difference for sure. Looking at the latest pictures you sent me, it looked like you didnt have the sway bars, have you removed them? Also with the 24mm hub extenders, are you able to bash still, plenty people online are doing the "Ohh your car will die on the first jump" routine which i dont believe tbh.

Edited by xxCarlxx

11 hours ago, xxCarlxx said:

They could work, thanks for that, ive played it safe and ordered the black ones, got them off aliexpress for £4.50, dont mind waiting a couple weeks. 

ive fitted the extenders now, noticeable difference for sure. Looking at the latest pictures you sent me, it looked like you didnt have the sway bars, have you removed them? Also with the 24mm hub extenders, are you able to bash still, plenty people online are doing the "Ohh your car will die on the first jump" routine which i dont believe tbh.

Sway bars are still on there, i also ordered mine from there as its just so much better value for money

• Like 1

Two main downsides with extenders are the arms break easier and the bearings wear out far quicker as they're under far more stress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Two main downsides with extenders are the arms break easier and the bearings wear out far quicker as they're under far more stress. 

Yea I just dont get why theyre popular when theres an off the shelf proper wide kit that does the same thing properly but hey

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

Did anyone watch Kev Talbot put a huge esc and motor in the X-maxx and then destroy it on 12 S

I've got a lot of time for Kev, more than most people. However one thing we have/had in common is we have both had multiple X Maxx's. We both started with a 6S, then the new 8S. Then we spent a fortune modifying an 8S one, and putting the big motor/esc in, and then realised that stock motor'd Xmaxx's are actually much better. So we went back to a reletively stock ones, and he has (rightly) been telling people how great a close to stock X Maxx is. We also agree that the ULTIMATE X Maxx Power system, although not rated for it, is the 6s 1600kv motor on 8s. Absolutely perfect. Since then he has had a few more, as he uses them a lot, and kept to the same recipe. Minor upgrades, keep it as light as possible. I genuinely commended him telling everyone that close to stock is almost perfect, and not to waste your money on major upgrades.

Then in his latest video he has gone 12S and ruined a £100 set of Prolines in 5 seconds haha. Guessing M2C got in his in ear to make a video. I understand its how to play the Youtube game, and the views will pay dividends, and then it'll be auctioned anyway. But hey, not my place to moan.

10 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Yea I just dont get why theyre popular when theres an off the shelf proper wide kit that does the same thing properly but hey

Yeah ill prob get some during summer, but i find that the wider arms make the shell look small which i really dont like, just a personal preference. With the hub extender, its not as noticeable though it has its downsides. If we had a widemaxx shell, then id order it now.

10 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Did anyone watch Kev Talbot put a huge esc and motor in the X-maxx and then destroy it on 12 S

I dont watch him as i find him to be too grating, bit too much of a man-child (only way i can describe it) but i will check this out of interest of 12s in Xmaxx (id never do it)

• Like 1

I have had the extenders on mine for 4 months now, been out pretty much every Saturday and sunday and run 3-4 packs each time and the wheel bearings are ok tbh, sure there os some play but thats expected with or without extenders. The price difference definitely makes it worthwhile 

On the savage xl i also have 18mm extenders, they have been on for years and i dont think bearings have really worn out any faster with them on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

I have had the extenders on mine for 4 months now, been out pretty much every Saturday and sunday and run 3-4 packs each time and the wheel bearings are ok tbh, sure there os some play but thats expected with or without extenders. The price difference definitely makes it worthwhile 

On the savage xl i also have 18mm extenders, they have been on for years and i dont think bearings have really worn out any faster with them on

Arent the M2C extenders over £100?