• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Traxxas quote

Larger diameter driveshafts are specified to handle the twisting torque out to the wheels

An honest quote

Larger diameter driveshaft pins are specified to handle the twisting torque out to the wheels

You could argue, but ...  It is blatant lies. 

Will people support such business ethics?  I hope no one else buys this.  At least not new.

• Like 1

Yankee is an Anglicised version of the Dutch word Janke which refered to Dutch Americans in colonial times but came to be applied to all people from north eastern America. Outside of the US often shortened to Yank and used to refer to anyone from the US. Bit like Americans using the term Brit for anyone in the UK.

John

On 12/01/2017 at 13:44, mydoddy69 said:

Excellent vid mate. Very useful to us all. :thumbsup:

from what you have shown I'm really glad I didn't but the kit. That's me personally... as I'm sure in some instances it makes sense. 

Its reaffirmed that all in need is the cd. Maybe not even the Cush.... hmmmm. If the slipper fits with the cd, I guess there is not necessarily the need to get it? 

So, cd and bulkhead is all I'm particularly looking 4. 

Those drive shafts...???  They seem like a fair bit of bs to me. I'm happy with the v1 shafts! 

Thanks again for all the info. :)

Edited by Ocdcbr

Savage xl flux listed on model sport.... at £600. Only mention it as many seemed to think it was an xmaxx competitor on the early days...

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/?product_id=397409

;)

some considering the v2 may well consider it as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Savage xl flux listed on model sport.... at £600. Only mention it as many seemed to think it was an xmaxx competitor on the early days...

;)

I dont see why it would be a competitor to the X, its alot smaller and Id imagine most X Maxx owners have had a Savage XL at some point as theyve been pretty easily obtainable for years now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

;)

Im building a Savage Flux right now. (Skip to last page for XXX photos)

http://thercgarage.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=415

got my Rock Passion diffs today,,, super fast shipping.

Edited by Timritchieblue
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

Excellent vid mate. Very useful to us all. :thumbsup:

from what you have shown I'm really glad I didn't but the kit. That's me personally... as I'm sure in some instances it makes sense. 

Its reaffirmed that all in need is the cd. Maybe not even the Cush.... hmmmm. If the slipper fits with the cd, I guess there is not necessarily the need to get it? 

So, cd and bulkhead is all I'm particularly looking 4. 

Those drive shafts...???  They seem like a fair bit of bs to me. I'm happy with the v1 shafts! 

Thanks again for all the info. :)

Thanks fella 

Personally I wouldn't get the Cush I'd run a slipper unit, buy the new bulkhead and use the centre diff .. 

Ive emailed Traxxas regarding those cvd shafts as this is what they state 

[ Larger diameter driveshafts are specified to handle the twisting torque out to the wheels ]

That is the question - are the SHAFTS also a larger diameter, or is it just the PINS?

From what I've been reading isn't it just the pins people have had problems with, and the alloy stub axles?

Al.

6 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

That is the question - are the SHAFTS also a larger diameter, or is it just the PINS?

From what I've been reading isn't it just the pins people have had problems with, and the alloy stub axles?

Al.

The shaft section is the same size new and old it's the pin and ball end that changed but it states larger diameter driveshafts . 

Yes the usual point of failure is the pins which then destroy the stub axle, they have addressed a problem area granted but it's not quite what they state in there spill,  as it misleading you to think the whole driveshaft has changed. Or is it just me misinterpreting what they state ?  

This is modern society for you!

Spellcheck solves all problems - wrong!

Previously people would 'proof check' anything going into public print before actually doing it, latterly a 'few seconds reading through' should be enough to establish if it is correct.

'Bigger driveshafts' to me would be either LONGER (which isn't possible without longer arms ...) or indeed beefier / larger-diameter - agreed.

Al.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

OMG Holding this space until tommrow you guys aren't going to believe what's just dropped on my door step !!!

8BFAE751-B54D-469B-A4B8-4514C7234897_zps

Bought it on a whim really was an unwanted gift and I gave £640 for it  and sold the esc for £70 so I'm in at £570 plus  some postage on the esc .. 

The only real  loss from my old one would be the those diff gears and £40 so not too bad, but I'm thinking the trade off from new shell etc off sets some of that ? 

So the question is do I run this new 8s esc in it or opt to sell it and get the max6 again ? 

I know before anyone says it i must be bloody mad !!  

8S this exactly has Traxxas intended with the Power Up kit?

23 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

OMG Holding this space until tommrow you guys aren't going to believe what's just dropped on my door step !!!

8BFAE751-B54D-469B-A4B8-4514C7234897_zps

Bought it on a whim really was an unwanted gift and I gave £640 for it  and sold the esc for £70 so I'm in at £570 plus  some postage on the esc .. 

The only real  loss from my old one would be the those diff gears and £40 so not too bad, but I'm thinking the trade off from new shell etc off sets some of that ? 

So the question is do I run this new 8s esc in it or opt to sell it and get the max6 again ? 

I know before anyone says it i must be bloody mad !!  

You really do love it haha, my tires are becoming thread bare now tho im not running 8s either, I have had to glue them over aggressive throttle on ice probably, they are coming away from the rims in places,