• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

20 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Confirmed via Logic 

Awesome thanks I'll be on there case tomorrow ;) 

So with this now the case chaps  sorry that esc will stay put and I'll power up once it hits the uk ;) 

2 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Awesome thanks I'll be on there case tomorrow ;) 

So with this now the case chaps  sorry that esc will stay put and I'll power up once it hits the uk ;) 

Upgrade kits will be available via hobby shops soon no pricing yet. The refund for ESC will be processed via logic no pricing yet.

new V2 8S Xmaxx will be available February I think I will buy another for my son.

• Like 2

I'm really excited by this haha! Really unsure how to go about it though, sell mine with a max 6 for £550-600ish and buy the new one all in for £899 maybe? Sound about right? I'd gain the new motor too? Then dhawk shafts and a servo?

Need front brake discs and pads on the 1:1 car next though, that's about £800 I haven't got yet!! Unless I go back to stock brakes 

Edited by Guns

16 minutes ago, Guns said:

I'm really excited by this haha! Really unsure how to go about it though, sell mine with a max 6 for £550-600ish and buy the new one all in for £899 maybe? Sound about right? I'd gain the new motor too? Then dhawk shafts and a servo?

Need front brake discs and pads on the 1:1 car next though, that's about £800 I haven't got yet!! Unless I go back to stock brakes 

Wait and see the pricing from logic but your downfall is you don't have the esc so in your case it might be better to either cherry pick the parts you want or sell up and buy another .

X Maxx prices secondhand aren't great at the minute so even with the max6 you might struggle with the new one due for release to get £600 .. If your going to sell it id get it advertised now before the new one hits the shelves as once the new guy comes these old girls we be worth even less that's even if you can shift them then :( 

Interesting news about availability.... logic told me the opposite only last week. Things have changed obviously... and for the better by the sounds of it. 

So so we can get the power up kit and esc swap deal? Awesome!

:mf_laughbounce:

Lets hope the price is ok.....

ill b staying 6s tho with the v1 motor. 

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 1

On 21/12/2016 at 23:43, Oh How Original said:

Sorry for butting in here... I feel like that FID DH comparison is a little unfair though, because yes, it's not only Traxxas that like to rip people off, BUT the FID DH hasn't failed in many departments has it? IE; They've added some upgrades on the V2 and increased the price, but those parts weren't actually needed, like the Xmaxx?

I spoke to a chap on YouTube about this, he owns and likes his Xmaxx, but even he can see how badly Traxxas are behaving and agrees with me.

You chaps who've had your pants pulled down with V1s should receive all the necessary upgrades FOC to keep them going (for those who have blown ESCs immediately and done the gears..) and for them to release some kind of 'upgrade' kit, for an extortionate price and then say it won't be available to you suckers in the UK :lol:

It just seems unfair to me on the chaps who bought them in good faith, but if people let it happen, I guess they'll continue to do it.

I don't disagree. I'd be more than happy to get all those v2 Xmaxx upgrades for nothing!! That would be amazing!!!... but in reality does it ever wirk like that? 

Regarding the dragon hammer i thought my mate would have that attitiude and would be annoyed at the v2 hammer coming out with many improvements that he'd like.... but no, not at all. He was more pleased that he now has the option to improve his truck... I have that similar outlook. Regarding it having issues or not like the xmaxx... well he does not drive his dragon like I drive my x. In fact he thinks I'm very hard on it and shouldn't be surprised when it breaks. ( much more so than I feel that way) it's not an1/8 scale but I drive it like one of course because it behaves quite like 1. 

If i drove his dragon that way I rekon it might well show up the odd weakness. 

Regardless at tye the end of the day we make our own choices. No one forced me to buy a v1 xmaxx for £650. I'm more than happy I did though.  

....stronger ring and pin gears would have been great though of course!!!

Edited by Ocdcbr

30 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Interesting news about availability.... logic told me the opposite only last week. Things have changed obviously... and for the better by the sounds of it. 

So so we can get the power up kit and esc swap deal? Awesome!

:mf_laughbounce:

Lets hope the price is ok.....

ill b staying 6s tho with the v1 motor. 

Yep spoke to a guy last night from logic on Facebook there due early January and being sent air freight sadly this means no lipos until Feb but hey I'm not after lipos so that's cool with me ! 

Upgrade will require the old old esc though and should be available via Modelsport etc but they haven't worked out pricing or how there going to do the exchange for esc.. Sadly there going to be in limited supply and once the new truck is out they will be no longer available but we knew that already. 

Knowing uk pricing these won't be cheap though so save your Christmas bonuses lads I reckon your going to need them !!! 

I think these kits should be done at cost by logic for the users in the U.K. 

We have had no free parts from Traxxas like the guys in the states and look at the threads and interest created by the U.K. users of the Xmaxx. 

Has anyone added up the approx value of the 8S upgrade kit based of old parts prices? 

Anything over £200 plus minus the ESC swap fee and we are being fleeced again. I have easily spent £150 plus on replacement parts and diffs on the old car and I see no reason why these maintenance costs won't increase on the 8S V2 Xmaxx

4 hours ago, FatWheels said:

I think these kits should be done at cost by logic for the users in the U.K. 

We have had no free parts from Traxxas like the guys in the states and look at the threads and interest created by the U.K. users of the Xmaxx. 

Has anyone added up the approx value of the 8S upgrade kit based of old parts prices? 

Anything over £200 plus minus the ESC swap fee and we are being fleeced again. I have easily spent £150 plus on replacement parts and diffs on the old car and I see no reason why these maintenance costs won't increase on the 8S V2 Xmaxx

Parts are always cheaper over the pond so no doubt will get hit hard  ! I say a rough price of £300 isn't going to be far off the mark plus whatever they decide about the esc deposit over here .. if this is the case though I might sell up both and rebuy new same  way I did before I reckon It might work out cheaper in the long run that way .. Will just have to wait and see though 

Been really happy on 6s till this v2 upgrade came out now I'm starting to doubt everything maybe Ido need 8s a centre diff Cush drive esc dog bones diffs ect.

I haven't even had a diff pop lately for some reason,perhaps the cold weather is stiffening things up,don't know,

Was happy till this came out now I'm in a pickle over what to do,and don't want to change the ten battery packs I have.

with the power up coming here for only a limited time just adds to the decision,

might just stay as iam and beef up where needed 

think i I just answered my own question, I'm getting a headache now.

11 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

I don't disagree. I'd be more than happy to get all those v2 Xmaxx upgrades for nothing!! That would be amazing!!!... but in reality does it ever wirk like that? 

Regarding the dragon hammer i thought my mate would have that attitiude and would be annoyed at the v2 hammer coming out with many improvements that he'd like.... but no, not at all. He was more pleased that he now has the option to improve his truck... I have that similar outlook. Regarding it having issues or not like the xmaxx... well he does not drive his dragon like I drive my x. In fact he thinks I'm very hard on it and shouldn't be surprised when it breaks. ( much more so than I feel that way) it's not an1/8 scale but I drive it like one of course because it behaves quite like 1. 

If i drove his dragon that way I rekon it might well show up the odd weakness. 

Regardless at tye the end of the day we make our own choices. No one forced me to buy a v1 xmaxx for £650. I'm more than happy I did though.  

....stronger ring and pin gears would have been great though of course!!!

Fully understand what you're saying, however, with the DH being bigger and heavier, it no doubt will still feel similar strains the Xmaxx does.

If his DH was jumped or bashed as hard as your Xmaxx, in theory, due to being bigger and heavier, it would be feeling much more force.

The two can't be compared that way, unfortunately, that doesn't work.

For £650 though, you got a bargain compared to the prices now, which is another thing that really griped me about Traxxas.

IDK, I'm certainly not a Traxxas hater, I just think people are being treated like crap and just letting it happen, but it's their own money to waste lol.

Does this thing even need 8s?? Considering it's size I'm more than happy on 6 - I hate to be a cynic but I can't help but think our peasant mk1's will disintegrate on 8s even with all the new gear.

Also, why all the hype about swapping the max5/6 for the new ESC? All the Velineon systems i've run have been complete sacks of turd - the Max5/6 can already handle 8s reliably - why change? :ph34r:

Edited by James1986
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, James1986 said:

Does this thing even need 8s?? Considering it's size I'm more than happy on 6 - I hate to be a cynic but I can't help but think our peasant mk1's will disintegrate on 8s even with all the new gear.

Also, why all the hype about swapping the max5/6 for the new ESC? All the Velineon systems i've run have been complete sacks of turd - the Max5/6 can already handle 8s reliably - why change? :ph34r:

Whatever the price is on the 8s kit the mugs will buy it :lol:

Should've had hobbywings rtr from the start I say.

8s will prob shatter the wheels anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by dazp1976

Gearing up on 6S is the way forward I think. Get the extra speed but not insane as to destroy the truck.

$299 stateside will typically equate to £299 here £275 if we're lucky. We can only hope that Logic view this as a shrewd move to sell the upgrade kits cheaply then cash in on additional parts sales as we destroy our Xmaxx's on 8S......

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

Didn't you see the 1:1 car mini-fuse on it?

Moved on from fusible link!!

Al.

Yep it's been upgraded lol 

I suppose at least these won't catch fire instead there just go pop, crackle wiz bang ! Hahahahaha 

• Like 1