• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

I had one handed driving mastered with a dx3s but this traxxas tx is abit more spread out so its slightly harder. Tsm was full turned off here btw. I'm not a fan of stuff like that tbh. I may use it on other terrain. We will see.

i also plan on upping the diff oil weights to stop the inside tyres ballooning too much. 

9 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

well u did a dam fine job considering u were driving w 1 hand and filming with the other!... looks like fun for sure! Nice1!:good:

a few more picks of mine...

IMG_4660_zps0jkoxb4y.jpg

IMG_4658_zps2ac1aooe.jpg

IMG_4653_zps3yjt4ffr.jpg

Would you send me a link to that castle fan thing please if you don't mind, looks perfect. 

Is it a perfect fit, or are modifications required ? 

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

A shame you filmed in portrait, I'm deducting a point for that. 

The one handed driving was very impressive! I've tried that before and it's a real handful! Pun intended! ;)

I deducted points off my myself, what was I thinking :( . I promise GoPro footage will be better. I'll make a mount too so I can drive with two hands. 

34 minutes ago, bjbear123 said:

Would you send me a link to that castle fan thing please if you don't mind, looks perfect. 

Is it a perfect fit, or are modifications required ? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252274704006 

i I just shoved it on and secured with 1 cable tie. No mods what so ever. It could fit tighter to the heat sink if some plastic was trimmed away but I'm happy as it is. 

Comes witha thy lead long enough to feed into the waterproof receiver box n just plug straight in. Easy peezy!

5 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252274704006 

i I just shoved it on and secured with 1 cable tie. No mods what so ever. It could fit tighter to the heat sink if some plastic was trimmed away but I'm happy as it is. 

Comes witha thy lead long enough to feed into the waterproof receiver box n just plug straight in. Easy peezy!

Thats great thank you very much, I will defiantly bid on that ! 

Are you the seller of this one or did you find it for me ? 

Here's a quick vid lads, had ran for around 15 minutes before i got the camera out and the packs had lost their initial punch but still very happy with the performance. A 50t spur will be perfect in my opinion.

Excuse the driving I was filming with one hand driving with the other. I'll get the GoPro out for the next runs. 

###### wicked[emoji2] it goes like stink ,

That's How you right the beast

Good old kick brilliant !

7 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Castle must be doing a roaring trade in fans. This thing really moves some air. Hopefully I will get out tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Does the Castle 2028 fan just mount on top of the aluminium heat sink or do you remove the existing heatsink and then mount the castle one directly on the motor ? 

Do you have a link where you got this from also if you don't mind ? 

9 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Castle must be doing a roaring trade in fans. This thing really moves some air. Hopefully I will get out tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Looks great, just a tip if u take the two screws out of the furthest back part of the rx box and lift that part up there's slots with foam around them to run extra wires into the rx box but still keep it as waterproof as possible. I think that will be a better option than going in through the gromit on the lid bud. Will look tidyer too. 

Id also be intrested in where u got that fan pal.  

34 minutes ago, ukfox said:

I see you are adding fans to aid cooling,

just wondered how good the bec is on that esc, have they posted the amps that bec supplies

Unlikely from Traxxas.

I just added one to my order at £12.00 seemed like a no brainer to cool things down and it looks quite nice when installed .

So I have found some core rc diff oil 30000 cSt and 50000 cSt.  

I want to upgrade my diff oil but I cannot work it out cst to traxxas w rating.  Apparently standard is 30, 000w at rear and 10,000w at front.

Would this core diff oil work? 

31 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Thanks for the link !, Just to confirm does this plug into the receiver ?? 

Do you know what shock oil is used in the X-MAXX just as i would like to buy some more as some of mine has leaked out ! 

Also does any one know any very small lights or light bar which i can mount into the front bumper ? I would like it also powered off the receiver if possible ? 

2 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

well u did a dam fine job considering u were driving w 1 hand and filming with the other!... looks like fun for sure! Nice1!:good:

a few more picks of mine...

IMG_4660_zps0jkoxb4y.jpg

IMG_4658_zps2ac1aooe.jpg

IMG_4653_zps3yjt4ffr.jpg

anyway to fix that motor heatsink.