• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion FOUR10 SC

Noj

The rod ends were a surprise, they take some force to re-attach. Considering hollow balls if the problem persists.

Not the most stylish, granted....at the price point, I'll forgive it. 

Proper thought has gone into this model, needs more runtime to see how durable it actually is.....

Oh yes, forgot to mention the combo runs a motor temp sensor....random!

Edited by Noj
Updated info

Good man Tom :good:

Re the rod ends, they pop off the central steering points, not the hubs. Bit of research and Schumacher do these (scroll to the bottom of the page) captured rod ends....

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/New_Cars_and_Parts/subcategory/CAT_K2/templateid/12/searchbox7/Suspension.html

I am getting Nige to check the endpoints though.....just in case ;)

• Like 1

Traxxas do some captured rod ends that'll fit. If you want to stick to cups, HPI Blitz ESE rod ends are a good choice, they use a harder composite plastic which doesn't pop off easily at all.

1 hour ago, Noj said:

Good man Tom :good:

Re the rod ends, they pop off the central steering points, not the hubs. Bit of research and Schumacher do these (scroll to the bottom of the page) captured rod ends....

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/New_Cars_and_Parts/subcategory/CAT_K2/templateid/12/searchbox7/Suspension.html

I am getting Nige to check the endpoints though.....just in case ;)

Thanks bud they'll do nicely 

Schumacher captive rod ends landed today, really lovely parts, smooth to operate, nicely engineered. Nige will be stocking these within the Helion parts listings, a set will be fitted to the Four10 prior to the race meet at the end of the month and I'll report back :good:

• 2 weeks later...