• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

9 hours ago, Sharkfat78 said:

I think there are a few Vetka's in the UK, its just nobody wants to buy one from MMR :lol:

Even if I did want one, I'm NEVER spending a penny with that shop again... Ever period...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sharkfat78 said:

lol you not had good service or something? :D 

I don't think anybody has good service from them, not unless you rock up in person and buy over the counter.

• Like 1

Spending 1.5k on it I wouldn't mind fitting some boca bearings lol. Or mayb with the size heavier duty bearings could be used. I found some green slime bearings that sound very good but unsure if they'll fit anywhere on my baja.  

The baja I'm sick of looking at I think I'm just gonna break it in soon lol. Stuff waiting for a move. I'll chance it in the public space shed. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mond said:

Some new videos up on Youtube with the Dragonhammer. I know it's FID, but it does look good. 

Ocdcbr has just uploaded a vid, it explains the engine installation process, but you do get to see it run briefly at the end. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NG15 said:

Had a good look at a DH today and I now want one. How are people finding theirs?

I thought you were a Losi 5ive guy?

Ive no direct experience, but the thing stopping me buying is the live rear axle.  Looks great from a scale model perspective, but there is a very good reason why IRS has been the suspension methodology of choice since kart axles left production vehicles, even the Yanks have started going that route now too, which is why some of their cars actually handle now...

Just my 2p input! ;) 

3 hours ago, Carpmart said:

I thought you were a Losi 5ive guy?

Ive no direct experience, but the thing stopping me buying is the live rear axle.  Looks great from a scale model perspective, but there is a very good reason why IRS has been the suspension methodology of choice since kart axles left production vehicles, even the Yanks have started going that route now too, which is why some of their cars actually handle now...

Just my 2p input! ;) 

I am, I was just shopping round and decided to look into these in more detail and was amazed by the parts they come with. 

The way the handle rough terrain is immense. I think there's a lot more to blame for yank cars not handling other than the rear axel, the fact they weigh stupid amounts doesn't help. Plenty race truck and cars still use solid axels and do just fine.

1 hour ago, NG15 said:

I am, I was just shopping round and decided to look into these in more detail and was amazed by the parts they come with. 

The way the handle rough terrain is immense. I think there's a lot more to blame for yank cars not handling other than the rear axel, the fact they weigh stupid amounts doesn't help. Plenty race truck and cars still use solid axels and do just fine.

Your view is interesting... Logically I think it will be a step backwards in terms of handling from a 5ive...

I have to say I like both the DH and KV but the alloy on the DH looks cheap,it might not be but it looks it.

Equally it just looks to flashy,like it is trying to make up for something by being very bling :)

I would have to choose the KV out of the two but that is beyond me price wise.

If the DH was a bit less bling I would consider it but not as it stands now.

1 hour ago, losi8igh said:

I have to say I like both the DH and KV but the alloy on the DH looks cheap,it might not be but it looks it.

Equally it just looks to flashy,like it is trying to make up for something by being very bling :)

I would have to choose the KV out of the two but that is beyond me price wise.

If the DH was a bit less bling I would consider it but not as it stands now.

Just pull the anodised finish off?

• Like 1

Yeah, seems a bit much but people do such things. I do like the DH though. I may see how much it weighs in a brushless setup and then trade in the DBXL for one if it's under 30lbs.

Ive never paid much attention to the DH but after watching ocdcbr's video upclose in HD really shows it off. Shame it will cost £1600 when finished with a half decent engine etc.

• 2 weeks later...

didnt read this whole thread but i am guessing noone has had hands on with the dragonhammer ?

If anyone has what are your impressions as most the ones on youtube look like they have been sponsored

1 hour ago, HootMaRoot said:

didnt read this whole thread but i am guessing noone has had hands on with the dragonhammer ?

If anyone has what are your impressions as most the ones on youtube look like they have been sponsored

Check out Ocdcbr's channel on youtube, he's got a friend running one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 13:56, HootMaRoot said:

There's a guy on here who ran the dragon hammer for awhile helping testing for rcmodels I think. He has a full report of the dh on here somewhere it was a very good read and made the dh look very good.