• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

8 hours ago, NG15 said:

Damm I got bit by the vekta bug today and now  want one really bad ! Any uk shops listing them on their sites yet ? 

After looking over the DH everything seems like an after thought..... Fuel lines over the tuned pipe? Cable throttle ? Hmmmm defiantly not a 1000 rc.

The "testers" will say it's good, there all from the same place or very close with the rcmodelz lot who will be selling them. There not going to say it's crap are they lol. 

It's being tested by Hoss http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/profile/68-hoss/ and everybody and anybody that meets up with Northwest RC and they have had it a while now. 

On Tuesday, March 08, 2016 at 13:56, babylon said:

Not weird at all, Like have said many times, They charge what they think they can get away with.

On a purely technology and hardware front, Is a Ferrari worth two, three times as much as an E-Class, Of course it's not,Just as much money, time, technology, materials go into building an E-Class as a Ferrari, But they know people will pay two, three times the money, It's what they can get away with, Not what it really worth.0

Lo  Lo

Losi tho

I bought the Dragon Hammer, mostly because I wanted to see what it was all about..
Some say it's not available, it's been available for months.
On the Clone debate, there is no cloning here, the Vekta is different than the Dragon Hammer in many ways, only the concept of solid rear axle is the same.
DH photos were released to the public about 4 months before the Vekta information was released so FID copying this particular product is a non topic..
As for afterthought layout, the DH layout is not bad at all.. I honestly think people need to reserve judgement on either one of these until they own them, the DH is very nice and I'm sure the Vekta will be equally nice..
I did notice in a video that Kraken put out that removing the engine is more work than what I have experienced with the DH..
As for where they are made, I think you are going to find they are both made in Asia, one in China and the other we will find out when people get their buggies and read country of origin on the box.

One has a centre diff, one doesn't
One has a slipper clutch, one doesn't
One comes with a crazy amount of aluminium, one doesn't

It really boils down to what a person wants and likes, I don't think people should choose one just because they think it's made in the USA or choose one just because it's full of aluminium, they really need to do their homework and not just take a guess, guessing can be costly..

I was never a fan of FID but the Dragon Hammer still seems like a very nice model and as soon as rainy season has ended I will be able to get the DH out and have some fun with it.

Cheers,
C.

• Like 3

So based on what you're saying, could the lack of DH sales (if there is a lack of sales) be because the bashers are waiting to see which is tougher and the racers are waiting to see which is quicker? 

So based on what you're saying, could the lack of DH sales (if there is a lack of sales) be because the bashers are waiting to see which is tougher and the racers are waiting to see which is quicker? 

Or could it be, Unless someone can provide a link, No one has the faintest idea were you can pick one up now, Other than importing, And even going that route they seem to be scarce, Due to a small production runs.

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

The DH.... Post me a link to one for sale and I will 'take one for the team' and buy it!  Test the shizzle out of it and post findings for general consideration... :D 

Not exactly cheap...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FID-1-5-4WD-Rear-straight-bridge-gas-truck-roller-version-without-electronics-and-engine/312873_32535969451.html

If losi announced a full blooded losi 5TR (truggy) would all the racers abandon the rear axle business. I think a losi 5 truggy would just look amazing. Using the same body as the 8t and painted up similar to the original spednecks body. Which I think is one of the best rc bodies ever. It looks more moto X than toy. 

Not only that but isn't truggy racing one of the most popular classes. I don't understand why losi didn't make this before the rally. 

But Surley the losi 5ive truggy is losi anwser to these new big shows. But hasn't losi just released a truggy based on the six chassis? 

I'm very intrested in both of these axle beasts but I know I won't get getting either. At first I thought about the fid thinking it would be dbxl price range LOL I know I was stupid.. 

• Like 1

You could get a 5 roller and a new big donkey for what these are going to end up at, at this rate.

Cant wait to see either of them all with the same donkeys in playing together and see what the general feedback and comments would be.

Love the idea of these 2 models but no seen many comments from the 'testing' or comments about its handling or performance compared to a five.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carpmart said:

The DH.... Post me a link to one for sale and I will 'take one for the team' and buy it!  Test the shizzle out of it and post findings for general consideration... :D 

Now thats a perfect invite for john_rcmodelz