• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

29 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

I have spoke to ms over the weekend just to find out a delivery date.

Fingers crossed back end of this week all been well.

Also asked if they could tell me what's happening to these at this so called quality control process. 

Apparently we are still on for the first batch.( Ie not been sent back. )The esc has had a flash update.  That's all they know. 

No mention of shocks or wheels.  But then again god knows where that rumour came from. 

Why have you removed the comment about the esc, did you make it up?

36 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

I have spoke to ms over the weekend just to find out a delivery date.

Fingers crossed back end of this week all been well.

Also asked if they could tell me what's happening to these at this so called quality control process. 

Apparently we are still on for the first batch.( Ie not been sent back. )The esc has had a flash update.  That's all they know. 

No mention of shocks or wheels.  But then again god knows where that rumour came from. 

I hope it's more than a flash update, I can't see a flash update doing much on the scale if things but then again I'm not a multi million dollar company so what do they know !   I mean I know lol ;) 

Just now, sean-vrs said:

It's ok I thought I was on the Traxxas forum! :lol:

its them employees playing with your mind fella ! 

End of the day it's all he says she says until Traxxas grow a pair and put there hands up to what's been done or going on . 

No disrespect but I with all the bull flying around unless it comes from Traxxas direct I wouldn't believe a thing truth be told 

20 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

It's ok I thought I was on the Traxxas forum! :lol:

It's back up. My phone started  it's self as I was too quick for it. Ha ha. 

I suppose we will  all know for definite what's gone on and what batch by this time next week hopefully. 

You never know there might even be a few breakages by this time next week.

Thought I would get that in before anyone else.  Ha ha.  Either way just cannot wait to get it. 

In terms of building this kit from bits, Im going through the exploded diagrams.... The bearings, using Tower Hobbies come to £57+ Postage and Tax......... Its already getting out of control lol. Screws look a night mare, Theres £4,50 worh just to mount the latch system to body, I can see bearings and screws costing an additional £150..... Obviously theres ways round it, someone usually sells a screw kit or a bearing kit but still! lol

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

In terms of building this kit from bits, Im going through the exploded diagrams.... The bearings, using Tower Hobbies come to £57+ Postage and Tax......... Its already getting out of control lol. Screws look a night mare, Theres £4,50 worh just to mount the latch system to body, I can see bearings and screws costing an additional £150..... Obviously theres ways round it, someone usually sells a screw kit or a bearing kit but still! lol

Surely bearings and screws etc can be sourced much cheaper locally.  Bearing kits are good for lazy people, those with too much disposable income or those without the know how but the majority of us would be better off sending rc-bearings an email with a list of what we wanted etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Noj said:

150 quid for a screw kit??

Having a larf, innit! I could throw one together for far far less than that and still make money:whistling:

No that was with the bearings too usint RRP prices which obviously you wouldn't do, youd just source yourself

33 minutes ago, Noj said:

150 quid for a screw kit??

Having a larf, innit! I could throw one together for far far less than that and still make money:whistling:

I'm in the wrong business. Especially given those screws and bearings are clearly not stainless steel either. 

22 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

Anyway it's the 25th.  What's traxxas got what's so special it unveiling it today? 

Yeah... What is it?? 

I am still really excited to see what it is like. I think I am at the point where I will leave it 6 months and then take another look as to if I want one. In the mean time I am working on my E-Maxx :) I just really can't wait to see one driving in person, I've never seen a large scale RC driving. 

According to their Instagram they are posting a new X-Maxx video of it in the mud. https://www.instagram.com/p/BA7gAVDtZkc/

Edited by coffeecup

6 minutes ago, coffeecup said:

I am still really excited to see what it is like. I think I am at the point where I will leave it 6 months and then take another look as to if I want one. In the mean time I am working on my E-Maxx :) I just really can't wait to see one driving in person, I've never seen a large scale RC driving. 

According to their Instagram they are posting a new X-Maxx video of it in the mud. https://www.instagram.com/p/BA7gAVDtZkc/

the instagram originally said   ( traxxas is bringing you the X-Maxx on a whole new level. Stay tuned! )

22 hours ago, NG15 said:
46 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Anyone who buys a "RC" screw kit is a mug, do your research on sizes and order what you need from Kay's on eBay, you will save a fortune! 

I couldn't see if the Bluetooth module w included or not. Cheers

Ill have a look AJ. Thanks!

Im guessing the 7pm thing is a video...

On Monday, January 25th Traxxas is bringing you the X-Maxx on a whole new level. Tight corners, massive hits, and a muddy run are the perfect ingredients to put this monster truck to the test.

"Follow us tomorrow as we take the X-Maxx across the muddy terrain and through the woods. This is one you don't want to miss! Traxxas Life Traxxas Racing

• Like 1