• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BJK's Mini 8ight build

Bigjimknickers

I'm going to kill the motor & esc before any upgrades to that & I'll also wait on the spur before buying the rw racing one.

Am I right in thinking this is stock 0.5 mod pitch? 58t spur & 16t pinion?

XT60 soldered on ESC, battery tray trimmed, sr301 installed (TX & RX are in the FS section), calibrated the esc & bound I to my DX3C.

Took it out for a little blast outside, it's pretty quick!

& yes, soo cute!

Gotta keep it indoors a while surely!

XT60 soldered on ESC, battery tray trimmed, sr301 installed (TX & RX are in the FS section), calibrated the esc & bound I to my DX3C.

Took it out for a little blast outside, it's pretty quick!

& yes, soo cute!

Gotta keep it indoors a while surely!

How'd you like it compared to your old emb Jim?  

How'd you like it compared to your old emb Jim?

I'm Such a basher I couldn't tell the difference if I'm honest! AJ would be the one to ask that question, but so far looking round it, I'm impressed, it's a lovely looking little machine, but so is the Emb kit!

Anyway, guess what?

Now my lad is saving for one, so I'm on the hunt for another now!

• Like 1

I'm Such a basher I couldn't tell the difference if I'm honest! AJ would be the one to ask that question, but so far looking round it, I'm impressed, it's a lovely looking little machine, but so is the Emb kit!

Anyway, guess what?

Now my lad is saving for one, so I'm on the hunt for another now!

I still love the emb - on the track - out and about i'm all about the 8th's bout the 8th's no mini's.  Sorry terrible pun.  

Would quite like a mini scaled Truggy, though the emb looks a let down and still isn't avail and the mini 8ight-t is silly money uk side.

I still love the emb - on the track - out and about i'm all about the 8th's bout the 8th's no mini's.  Sorry terrible pun.  

Would quite like a mini scaled Truggy, though the emb looks a let down and still isn't avail and the mini 8ight-t is silly money uk side.

Get the monster truck and stick the truggy body on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Exotec top plate fitted! With spur cover, chewed a thread locked screw up & had a mare getting it out, but it's done, quick test on the freshly mown lawn & it was surprising the way it didn't mind it!

Oh, this turned up too:

AE986EE0-CEEE-4A54-B8A3-E090090097CC.jpg

Tidy little T project.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't answer that, I havnt bashed the mini 8B but my lad put 3 packs through the mini 8T today with some pretty bad tumbles & it seemed fine, I've owned a couple of Ftx models & I don't think there very bashable.