• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

I shoot but not really with the small stuff...I own a .22 air rifle but I also have access to 2x .22 rimfire rifles, a side by side 12 bore shotgun, a 22250, a .308 ex police rifle and a black powder pistol..that's just what we own. When I go to the range I can use anything that's there, mainly muzzle load, black power plus many other ex military rifles from ww1 and ww2, oh a delisle and a couple of rare guns (I can't quite remember the name)

How difficult is it to get a FAC? These high powered air rifles you see on YouTube have always really interested me!

How difficult is it to get a FAC? These high powered air rifles you see on YouTube have always really interested me!

I wouldn't know sorry, I don't hold a firearms licence myself, I'm with dad whenever we go shooting. Plus we don't really do much with the air rifles.

Been known to sling lead down range ... and yes Firearms are like RC's ... one ?  Thats just a warm up .... me with my booger hook on the bang switch ... my lil' brother peepin' ...

2015-05-13_1753.png

2015-05-13_1756.png

2015-05-13_1754.png

The occasion was a good friend I hadnt seen in ages had built a new "evil black rifle" and wanted a good place to site in the new iron sights ... Went to our gun club - where we usually do "Sporting Clays" shooting with shotguns ..  This was AR15-A-Palooza day.

Upright AR platform is a .22 LR with an EOTech Optic

Next blk rifle is a .300 AAC Blackout with Browe ACOG Optic

Next is 5.56 AR15 with Trijicon ACOG 4x Optic

Next is .300 AAC Blackout with Magpul Iron Sights only

Next is 5.56 AR15 with Primary Arms 1x6 Optic

And last on and closest to you is my firnds new ar15 in 5.56 with new magpul Iron Sites - sweet rifle - it ran solid!

... pew pew pew ...

Kimber 1911 in .45 ACP and the RUGER .9mm were on the other benches out of view.

Here in the states - we build these at home - like RC kits :-)  All but the last rifle my friend built were made from 80% lower recievers ... we milled out the last 20% and trigger pin holes and assembled from parts kits.  Added fancy CNC upgrades and optics.  Kinda like trickin out and hoppin up an RC ... only more costly and it goes Pew Pew Pew.

Edited by sputnik
  • Like 1

Just cause it is an air rifle doesn't make it any easier to own one,FAC is FAC even if it is only 13ft/lbs

AAnd like I said.....I don't know because I do not personally own a firearms licence, I use dad's guns with him stood next to me.

Fac is hard to get nowadays. Shotgun certificates the police have to prove why they CAN'T give u one. With Fac it's the other way round. U have to prove to the police that u should have one. Just wanting one isn't enough anymore. Mostly farmers that get them now.

There was a period of time in the US where stricter gun control laws were all the rage ... however; we're finding that the areas that have the strictist laws are also the areas where there is most violent crime.  Gun Free zones only = zones where ONLY good guys are gun free.  Bad guys will always have some level of access.  We're seeing voters across the country in different states unraveling poorly enforced and designed firearms policies, and gradually going back to 2nd Amendmendt ... More concealed carry permits in more states.  Changing over Concealed Carry permitting from "May Issue" to "Shall Issue" - pursuant to voters amendmendts to state constitutions.

Living in CA, we have rabid anti gun laws, however up until last year the work around was to utilize a Hellar Supreme Court victory that allows one to build their own private firearm and own and use it :-)  Hence; and abundance of 80% firearms.  They also have deemed only the Lower Reciever of a AR-15/AR-10 or Frame of a 1911 as "the firearm" ... created whole new massive industry in USA of 80% firearms - user completes to 100% and adds accessories.

We dont have restrictions on shotguns - other than some states have a 10 day mandatory wait and background check - and even that now is under duress as being "unconstitutional"  pending court cases shall rid us of this soon enough.

... FREEDOM / Liberty

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't shot anything live for a while but just took out a 2 rats. 3 of the little evil things attacked our family rabbit today, had to take him to the vets.

2 have been stupid enough to come back.

My other guns are springers, the air arms s200 is my first pcp. Get a good workout filling that with a pump, never knew it was that hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks nice. Not particularly good for hunting tho. Good luck stalking pigeons with something that shiny

"Stalking pigeons" ??  Really  :whistling:  :whistling:  I just set up a hide put down some decoys and let them come to me  :thumbsup:

thats a marksman weapon chaps, its to show off the weapons sleak lines and crafting.

its something you would see on the line at shooting champs etc etc.

Newbies will wrap a net round the barrel to cover it when stalking,

semi- and pros will strip down the weapon and camo flack it with paint.

using leaves from around the area to help throw cast shadowing and breaks.

either way the weapon is a marksman weapon and a fine one at that,

what its missing is its front drop down foot stand and a nice decent telescopic sight

this is my old bsa ultra with a custom stock, the stock was a work of art, photos dont do it justice, mostly go clay pigeon now with my semi auto

20140828_142338.jpg

20140828_182924.jpg

20140828_191316.jpg

20140829_133434.jpg

20140829_133813.jpg

20140829_133849.jpg

Edited by Scoobie007
  • Like 1

i have both a air rifle and a shotgun, only do sporting and target though, as i don't have time to get out and ask tens of farms for permission, especially when i don't have time for what they need me to do

Probebly a bit small image, but gives the idea

HatsenBerretta_zpsda5152f3.jpg

we used to put a 5p coin (new 5p)  on a post cut as a /\ on the top. 

idea was to nail the coin from 150ft dead center at the oblique angle.

i rolled of 8 shots struck each one bang on target.

so they moved the coin back 250ft and bet me a tenner i couldnt nail a half penny.

yeah i walked away 10 quid up that day, did not even use my BSA supersport 

used the mates old chinese copy thing  underleaver action so loose it felt like it would fall off lol. 

most think its easy to shoot, but when it comes down to laying that kill zone, most fail

they just cannot group lead in the same area. 

I miss shooting, and walking the fields but alas the old ticker is not upto the job

and some days it gets mighty cold. 

good to see folks still sport shooting and field tramping keep it up guys

Just about to start pistol shooting here in Jersey Ci where gun laws are quite different to the main land. The people I stay with work with the local pistol club so I have a choice .40 automatic match pistol, .357 magnum s&w or there's the .45 s&w revolver, and various .22 pistols

Just about to start pistol shooting here in Jersey Ci where gun laws are quite different to the main land. The people I stay with work with the local pistol club so I have a choice .40 automatic match pistol, .357 magnum s&w or there's the .45 s&w revolver, and various .22 pistols

Get yer mits on a .45 ACP 1911 :-)  ballistic nirvana

• 2 weeks later...